Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
CRISPY rice and chicken dish

Raw

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:26 am
I'm looking for a recipe I've eaten in the past but can't seem to find online and replicate successfully.

It's chicken on rice, baked in a tray in the oven. The rice should be more crispy than gluggy. Every time I try make it, there is too much liquid in the rice and the overall taste is delicious but with the wrong soft texture. I'm using brown basmati rice.

Can someone please help me?

rivkam

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:31 am
I used to make this and it came out crispy. I dont have a recipe on hand but maybe the issue is the setting in the oven you're using or just to make sure the dish in in long enough to get crispy

Raw

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:37 am
rivkam wrote:
I used to make this and it came out crispy. I dont have a recipe on hand but maybe the issue is the setting in the oven you're using or just to make sure the dish in in long enough to get crispy

The dish is in for at least 2 hours, it's covered and on 350. Should it perhaps be on a higher setting and/or uncovered?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:48 am
Soak the rice overnight in the 2 to 1 water to rice ratio. That way it will still cook through when you keep the pan uncovered. You won't need the full 2 hours when uncovered either.

Raw

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:40 am
Thank you, I will try it this way.

flmommy

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:29 am
Oil drizzled in rice and not too much water
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics