Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Anyone work for non Jewish Seit agencies?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 3:24 pm
Can you tell me more? As of now I only have ten seit hours of work through a jewish agency. I could really use more and am getting quit frustrated waiting.

I've been seeing openings in non jewish agencies so while ideally I would like to stick to working with jewish kids, I am wondering if its something I should consider. Anyone know what agencies are good to work for? And which pay decently? Anything else I should know about working in a non jewish environment? Or are more seit jobs likely to start coming up now and I should just wait it out (I've been in the education field awhile just not as a seit so dont know exactly what to expect)

Thanks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 8:29 pm
Bump

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:31 pm
I really don't know what to say. Even when working for Jewish agencies the vast majority of my clients have been non-Jewish schools and children. Kids are kids. We are adults. Why should any other demographic marker matter?

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:34 pm
Regarding more jobs coming up, it's very possible. I don't know which areas were affected but around where I am, there were a lot of changes in the administrative positions and a lot of things got messed up. There are kids who were supposed to have been evaluated and/or assigned providers at the beginning of the school year who are just getting started now. It has been a very stressful slow start to the year for me.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 6:46 am
My mom considered it. The hours were all over

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:35 pm
I am a supervisor for a jewish seit agency but most of our cases are for non Jewish children in public schools and day care centers. I think that the overwhelming feeling, at least in this area, is that in the non Jewish schools, they are so grateful for your help and expertise, there is less nitpicking and they are more realistic in their expectations (dont expect 5 -10 hours of seit to take care of a child). The teachers are willing to work with the seits in the majority of cases to carry out ideas throughout the rest of the day, leading to a much bigger success rate. The downside? Not many people to shmooze with, different circle time songs, and different holidays, but my seits get more work done in those settings, because of all of the above.

Tzippy323

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 7:29 am
Why don’t you consider going to different yeshivas and dropping off your resume? Many yeshivas take on P-3 providers to stay in the school all day and see many of their mandated students.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics