Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need help to learn to manage

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:36 pm
I feel like I never have time for anything! It doesn't make sense though-my baby is 18 months old already and I feel like I have the same busy schedule as when she was a baby. (my two other kids are two years apart each-5 & 3)

I work all day and come home with all my kids at 3:45. my afternoon/eve is definitely chilled but still I feel like I'm busy the whole time and dont' have time for anything extra. I wish I had time to clean more, organize things more etc. but just doing the real basics (supper, baths, DC homework, bedtime and cleaning the kitchen) is my entire night. I usually have about 30 mins to chill on the couch but other than that feel like there's no time for anything! why am I not bored?? before my 3rd was born I remember being bored and having time for lots of extra things at night.

all my friends that have 4/5 kids or newborns etc-I feel so dumb complaining that I'm so busy with my situation in life. it doesn't make sense. What am I doing wrong??

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:31 pm
My DIL has the same schedule so I don't think that you are doing anything wrong. During her 30 minutes on the couch she orders things online because her only shopping time is grocery night. She does get some organizing done on Sunday because she is off of work. They also don't accumulate stuff.

teachkids

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 3:36 am
It’s not a question of how many kids, it’s how long there is between when the last one goes to bed and the first one wakes up.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 3:38 am
You sound like a real balibusta!!

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:09 am
Hate to break it to you but you sound totally normal. That's what life is like when you're a working mom with three kids under 6. I don't see how you had time to be bored when you had just the two, I'm pretty sure I didn't, but going from 2 kids to 4 (twinsicles!) was incredibly hard. I assume that going from 2 to 3 is only slightly easier.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 10:13 am
Honestly, I don’t think you can do it on your own. It’s a lot. If it were me I’d look for which areas of my life I can delegate (childcare, housework, errands by DH or service, shopping online, plastic wares ect.)

Optione

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:44 am
Once you have kids, you have kids. Don't say you should be less busy with your 3 than someone with 4/5. I say this because I have more than 3 kids and I don't specifically have less time then when I had 3. (My 3 were younger than yours, so you really can trust me on this. )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics