Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby on stomach
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:27 am
Zehava wrote:
My doctors are too afraid to say that out loud, they can probably lose their license or something. but I did the research, realized how it makes no logical sense.
So I tell them, and they give me the party line, and we all move on.

Lol I wish I wasn’t intimated of my DC’s pediatrician and would be honest like that. I do like her though so idk that I’d want to change. I wonder how she would react if I I just said, I put my babies on their stomachs...

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:36 am
My babies sleep on their stomachs from about 4-6 weeks. I read that sleeping on stomach makes the baby sleep deeper which results in higher IQ.
SIDS is very not well understood, and actually, sleeping on the back can make a baby choke on their tongue! Plus, makes flat heads and weak babies.
Now my kids sleep any which way, stomach, side and back. None or preferred, when I go in to cover them before I go to sleep they are different every day, regardless of how I put them in.
I think that this sleeping on back business is one of those studies that will be overturned by future science. It just doesn't make sense that having a baby sleep lightly at a time of such great development should be right.
Also, I do cover my babies with blankets till under their arms. Tight fitting sheet, firm mattress, and nothing else in the crib.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics