Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Manicure in Lakewood - very sterile

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 2:19 pm
I usually do my nails myself but I'm in shloshim & seems someone else can do it for me but I can't do myself. I need a place that's very good about sterilizing - I'm a bit germophobic.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:49 am
BUMP please help me out here because soon I'm going to have to bite (so say the seforim, I can bite my nails but not cut them : (

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:53 am
I know someone who does privately in her house- you may have more sterile environment there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:56 am
What neighborhood? Does she advertise in the publications or Cheder Yellow Pages?

zytt

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:00 am
There's someone Shira Steinberg in the Poplar, Hawthorne neighborhood that does it at home.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:12 am
Coco's is very nice and they are licensed
You can get a room

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:36 am
Quote:
Coco's is very nice and they are licensed
Do you know anything about their sterilizing techniques?

You see these stories about a fungus picked up in a nail salon...

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:10 pm
First my condolences on your loss. Second, I dont know your marital status or age but I assume if you need to go to the mikva you'll be allowed to cut yourself, like in the 9 days.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:57 pm
Thank you.
Quote:
I dont know your marital status or age but I assume if you need to go to the mikva
That ship has sailed a few years back... at least I can wear makeup in Shloshim since I am BH married...

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:51 pm
Fyi, shira steinberg moved to Jackson area. Stunning clean salon in a large guesthouse behind her house. 732 886 0290. She takes credit cards. She has employees working for her. Good luck and may u know of no more tzaar.

emi1812

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:25 pm
Shira is excellent! I know of 1 place where I had a firsthand experience with lack of sanitizing tools...the lady didn’t fully close the door to the auto clave (cleaning machine) where she put her tools in. She was about to use them on me and I pointed out to her that the door is partially open. She waved it off and didn’t care! I was so disgusting I never set foot in that nail salon ever again! It’s a popular nail salon (not Jewish) in my area due to convenience. U can PM me if u want the name of it so u know to avoid it.

mommyloves

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 12:55 am
I’m massively germaphobic (more than the average mfunik) and I only trust Rebecca Bonan. She comes to my house and is incredibly sterile. Cleanliness is extremely important to her and she doesn’t cut corners. she’s also an extremely talented nail tech who went to school for it. Very professional. All my friends go to her because of her talent. (732) 267-9860

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 2:55 pm
Quote:
the lady didn’t fully close the door to the auto clave (cleaning machine) where she put her tools in. She was about to use them on me and I pointed out to her that the door is partially open. She waved it off and didn’t care
! That's the kind of thing I'd be very afraid of. In fact, if I had the scenario you described, I'd walk out.

Well, I actually went in to one place & there was a 20 minute wait. Fine, went to do a bit of grocery shopping. Now there was a 10 min wait. I said, never mind. When I got home I remembered the callus on my heel is cracked & open and I guess I don't really want to take a chance on how sterile their foot bath is...

I begged DH to cut my toe nails but he was like "ew... it's only a couple more days, can't you wait?" Fine, if it's that bad...

(I ended up biting my fingernails. Oh well...)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 3:48 am
Cutting for mikve isn't a problem in shloshim I was psaked. Ideal is someone non Jewish when it is a problem.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 9:09 am
Bring your own implements and have the manicurist use them on you.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 5:16 pm
Quote:
That might be a good idea, but for a pedicure you first soak in their footbath, and if that's not sterile I would think it could be big trouble (fungus going into a crack in my callus? No thanks!)

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 5:45 pm
Use your own tools and better yet let her come to your house

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Quote:
That might be a good idea, but for a pedicure you first soak in their footbath, and if that's not sterile I would think it could be big trouble (fungus going into a crack in my callus? No thanks!)

The place I go to puts liners in the pedicure tub BH I have not had a problem.

amotherof3

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 6:59 pm
I second Rebeka Bonan! She comes to your house, is super sweet and professional and the cleanest you’ve ever seen!!

birdy

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 9:54 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
The place I go to puts liners in the pedicure tub BH I have not had a problem.

Which place is that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries