Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to do with kids in Miami?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 7:47 am
What can I do with 4 kids under age 7, including a newborn, this winter in Miami?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:10 am
We went to jungle island, Miami Beach, miami seaquarium, and out to eat last year in the winter

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
We went to jungle island, Miami Beach, miami seaquarium, and out to eat last year in the winter

Did the kids enjoy?

I’m debating between Miami and Disney. I think my kids would love to go to Disney but I think it will be too hard this year with a newborn.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:43 am
My kids loved it!! Walking on the beach , playing in the sand, getting ice cream. Just the warm 80 degree weather made everything relaxing. There’s tons of frum people by Miami hotels, pools and the beach. Disney is VERY expensive and running around rushing, waiting on lines. NOT relaxing. We wanted relaxing vacation.

elisheva25

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:48 am
Seaquarium

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 8:49 am
For this ages keep it simple. Pool. Beach. Can’t go wrong with either

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 9:12 am
Jungle island, zoo, Seaquarium. None are cheap though. If your kids are just as happy to rent bikes and ride on Hollywood boardwalk, that's a nice option. There are plenty of beautiful parks with playgrounds all over. If it's raining, there are also lots of indoor playgrounds, Chuck e cheese, bowling.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 9:16 am
Lion Country Safari

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:05 pm
Oleta park has a small beach that is deserted mid week

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:47 pm
I am a little late on this, but the Miami Zoo is a fantastic zoo. It’s huge, but the monorail that goes around the zoo makes the trip much more manageable. If you have a membership to a zoo/science center/aquarium where you live, there might be reciprocity (there was for our membership).
Lion Country safari is also great, but it’s easily 90 minutes from Miami.
There are also tons of nice parks to visit— I am not so familiar with the ones in Miami, as we usually base ourselves in Palm Beach County. But we can spend a few hours playing at a waterfront park, get ice cream, and call it a day.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 5:03 pm
There is a cute children's museum called Miami Childrens museum, on the other side of Jungle island (on the same island.) Its indoors, so it's good if you dont want to shlep around in the heat.
But for that age, as others have said, check out the local parks: Muss park, Fischer park..
Go on the boardwalk, take the kids to Lenny's Pizza. Keep it simple.

MomG

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 5:07 pm
I don't know if you would drive there, but Gatorland is very cute for kids.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 6:08 pm
If you know someone with a librairy card I can get free passes to some museums

Honesty

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 6:25 am
Hi- traveling as well and would love more info- can I make a library card in Fl and get free passes to museums? Can a library card from NY get me free passes. Would love clarification- thanks so much

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 7:32 am
Honesty wrote:
Hi- traveling as well and would love more info- can I make a library card in Fl and get free passes to museums? Can a library card from NY get me free passes. Would love clarification- thanks so much

First of all the passes to museums for kids are rarely available. Second, you need proof of local residency to get a library card. An out of state card is not effective.

country

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 2:29 pm
Butterfly world
Bayside boat ride millionaire rd
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics