Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tashbar in Lakewood updated info?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 10:16 am
Wow that’s crazy .

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:51 am
Anyone else ?

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 12:06 pm
The families I know who send there are professionals (attorneys, accountants).

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 12:53 pm
Also I didn’t realize it was that easy to get in..thought our application would sit until we had pull or something. Didn’t realize they would call my sons school so quickly .

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:20 pm
Didn’t eveyone say it’s so hard to get into ?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:22 pm
did u get accepted?

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:25 pm
No but a poster said earlier that the fact that they called my sons school is a good indicator of acceptance .

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:27 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Also I didn’t realize it was that easy to get in..thought our application would sit until we had pull or something. Didn’t realize they would call my sons school so quickly .

u sound upset?

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:33 pm
No simply wondering . I’m so confused about the system here .

Sewsew_mom

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 9:09 pm

How quickly or easy it is to get into a school doesn't indicate how good a school is.
They accept a certain type. If you fit into that type they'll accept u.
And poster above... My husband doesn't have a professional job. Stop making things up about the majority of the people in schools. So rediculous. Not everyone is exactly a type in each school. There's such a thing as a healthy mix..

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 9:39 pm
Didn’t eveyone say it’s so hard to get into ?

Did you officially get in yet ?

Also to the poster who said it's a big mix- you're right. I just happen to know some families who send who are professionals and can therefore afford the tuition

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 9:41 pm
No I said that I was surprised because we just sent in our application and they already called my sons school .

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 9:48 pm
To the poster above- just because they look into you, is not an indication that they will accept you.

I am a parent of more than one child in the school and I barely know anyone who is not paying full tuition plus the building fund and extra charges for lunch and bussing, even with multiple children in the school. In general the crowd is a very nice mix but definitely has a more “with it crowd” and a “working” parent body.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:07 am
I am also considering sending there. Does anyone have any info about the school itself? How they relate to the kids? Are they kind and warm, assuming you follow all the rules etc? If you have issues or questions is there someone to talk to and listen?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:13 am
Let's say I got into Tashbar and YTT. I understand ytt is a little more to the left of tashbar. But I keep hear amazing things about ytts warmth and how much the boys love it and thrive there and how the hanhala is amazing. I'm having a hard time finding out how tashbar compares in that regard and I'm finding it impossible to make a decision because of that. If anyone can shed any light it would be super helpful!

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:09 am
I did hear that Tashbar is looking for a more Yeshivish clientele . Is that so?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:14 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Let's say I got into Tashbar and YTT. I understand ytt is a little more to the left of tashbar. But I keep hear amazing things about ytts warmth and how much the boys love it and thrive there and how the hanhala is amazing. I'm having a hard time finding out how tashbar compares in that regard and I'm finding it impossible to make a decision because of that. If anyone can shed any light it would be super helpful!

I do not send to either school, but I have friends that do. I have heard that Tashbar is much more academic than YTT. In general, I have heard excellent things about YTT and people are very happy there.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:16 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I am also considering sending there. Does anyone have any info about the school itself? How they relate to the kids? Are they kind and warm, assuming you follow all the rules etc? If you have issues or questions is there someone to talk to and listen?

oh yes. We are new parents and my son is not the easiest and they are amazing to work with. Only supportive and wanting to help and bh seem to be professional in knowing how to help as well. I can't say for all the rebbeim because we are new, but his rebbe is fantastic. Super happy here bh.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:40 am
Thanks, those last two replies were helpful

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:36 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
To the poster above- just because they look into you, is not an indication that they will accept you.

I am a parent of more than one child in the school and I barely know anyone who is not paying full tuition plus the building fund and extra charges for lunch and bussing, even with multiple children in the school. In general the crowd is a very nice mix but definitely has a more “with it crowd” and a “working” parent body.

Yet they’re still having major money problems.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating