Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach cleaning
Previous  1  2

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 9:23 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm moving into a new apartment next month, and it has a lot more kitchen cabinets. Because of my financial situation, I can't afford to throw out an unopened package of pasta or crackers.

When I unpack I'm going to put all of the chometz in one cabinet, and be careful about it. Then when the time comes, all I have to do is sell it and tape it shut. One less thing for me to stress about. Very Happy

It also pays to eat down the stash in the next few months.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:26 pm
Good for you, OP! But for the sake of everyone else's mental health as well as your dc concept of what is necessary lefi halacha, please refer your to your activities as "fall cleaning" "spring cleaning" "seasonal cleaning" "deep cleaning" or any other remotely relevant term, NOT "Pesach cleaning."

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:38 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm moving into a new apartment next month, and it has a lot more kitchen cabinets. Because of my financial situation, I can't afford to throw out an unopened package of pasta or crackers.

When I unpack I'm going to put all of the chometz in one cabinet, and be careful about it. Then when the time comes, all I have to do is sell it and tape it shut. One less thing for me to stress about. Very Happy

You got a new place? YAYYYYYYYY!

If you don't want to leave all the chametz in one cabinet, try to instead designate one as chametz free. Then close off all of the others come Pesach.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:40 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I started Pesach cleaning a few weeks ago already.

Maybe OP's health isn't good. Maybe she has a large house. Maybe she doesn't have a lot of help. Maybe she knows the price of extra cleaning help goes up the closer you get to Pesach. Maybe she is detailing her house.

Iy"h, all my rooms will be finished by the end of the year except for rooms that are meant for food like the kitchen, dining room, sukkah room, and the Pesach kitchen. Those will be cleaned a couple of weeks before Pesach.

Its 4 or 5 months until Pesach. Why would we assume that no chametz would get into those rooms in the second half of the year, but that it would the first half.

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 2:44 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I think if you don't have little kids at home, then you can. I know my grandmother plans to start on her attic soon-she doesn't have little kids to worry about putting chometz everywhere-she's going to go through the closets etc-more of a sort out really.

This is not Pesach cleaning, it's spring/fall/winter/Swedish death cleaning. People should learn the difference. Lefi halacha, if chometz is never stored in a given location, it doesn't even have to be checked, let alone cleaned.

cbg

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 3:21 pm
I NEVER bring food into the bedrooms, closets, bathrooms.
Technically they are clean for Pesach all year, every year.
At home it’s just DH and I and I’m the one mostly home
But I’ll still clean and declutter
It’s not called Pesach cleaning

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 3:57 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Its 4 or 5 months until Pesach. Why would we assume that no chametz would get into those rooms in the second half of the year, but that it would the first half.

Because I would designate those rooms as chumetz free.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics