Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do you pay your in house babysitter?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 4:00 pm
Since this is anonymous, I wanted to ask to see where I stand. How much do you pay your babysitter who comes to your house? Do you pay hourly or weekly?
I’ll answer too. $600/week tri state area, not Manhattan.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 4:03 pm
100$/day, around 8 hours a day.
Rockland county

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 4:06 pm
Also around 6 something/week. 5 days a week, 9.5 hours a day.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 11:22 am
Do you mean a live in nanny, or someone who works 8 or more hours a day?

I get 20 shekels an hour to be a mother's helper one day a week, from 3pm to 11pm. It is a super easy job, so I'm not complaining about the money. I pick up the little girl from gan, bring her home, play with her, fix her dinner, mom gives her a bath and puts her to bed, and then mom and dad have date night while I am "the adult in the house" while the girl is sound asleep.

She never, ever, wakes up during the night, so I can take a light nap on the sofa near her room. I wake up if she is stirring around or having a dream, just to make sure everything is OK. They often make me a nice dinner (I had steak the other night!) and drive me home so I don't have to deal with the bus.

I often think to myself, I can't believe I'm getting paid to sit and make playdoh cookies! Best Job Ever. Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 3:04 pm
7/8 eu per hour
I had a person for 9-4 (iirc) and she was 20 per day sans food at her place

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 3:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Do you mean a live in nanny, or someone who works 8 or more hours a day?

I get 20 shekels an hour to be a mother's helper one day a week, from 3pm to 11pm. It is a super easy job, so I'm not complaining about the money. I pick up the little girl from gan, bring her home, play with her, fix her dinner, mom gives her a bath and puts her to bed, and then mom and dad have date night while I am "the adult in the house" while the girl is sound asleep.

She never, ever, wakes up during the night, so I can take a light nap on the sofa near her room. I wake up if she is stirring around or having a dream, just to make sure everything is OK. They often make me a nice dinner (I had steak the other night!) and drive me home so I don't have to deal with the bus.

I often think to myself, I can't believe I'm getting paid to sit and make playdoh cookies! Best Job Ever. Very Happy

Do you live in yerushalayim? I would hire you for the other days

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 5:58 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Do you live in yerushalayim? I would hire you for the other days

I'm in Beit Shemesh. Do you need it to be in your home? What age or ages are your kids? What hours?

Depending on the commute, I may be interested.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 6:17 pm
I pay $100 a day. 8.5 hours in the Far Rockaway/ Five Towns area.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 8:30 pm
$11 per hour

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 8:34 pm
$550 a week two babies, from 8-4:30 with light housework
(South Florida)

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 8:36 pm
15$ an hour is the going rate where I live. Pretty insane if u ask me but alas.... (watching one child and tidying up, no cleaning.)

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 11:17 pm
How is anyone supposed to live on $2,000 a month? Even if off the books...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 11:21 pm
Deleted

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 11:22 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

Roommates. Spouse that works. Second job. Why is that my business? I think the salary is plenty for the work they do. How does a bagger in a grocery store or someone flipping burgers live off that salary, yet they do it?

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 11:38 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

My take home pay (after taxes) is only slightly more than that. And I work full time. I'm working to gain experience and to help pay tuition with the little I bring home.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:00 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Roommates. Spouse that works. Second job. Why is that my business? I think the salary is plenty for the work they do. How does a bagger in a grocery store or someone flipping burgers live off that salary, yet they do it?

They’re actually paid minimum wage- NYC $15/hour. And many need to be on welfare to pay for basic necessities.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 1:29 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

Really? Your children are not important enough? Babysitters are taking care of your precious children (so that you may earn your salary)And yes some of them cook supper and do light housework.
People spend money on clothing, extra curricular, takeout and so many other things and yet babysitters are treated like they are worth less than others.

In case you’re wondering:
No I am not a babysitter.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 1:42 am
$15/hr plus full pay for legal holidays.

About affording life? Her husband works. Her kids are in high school and college (free in NYC). She rents. And she probably doesn't report the income. I wouldn't be surprised if they qualified for benefits. But even if not, she makes $31200 per year cash, which is equivalent to around $45000 before taxes. That's an ok salary for a renter with a small family, non kosher food, public schooling, and a working spouse.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 2:26 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm in Beit Shemesh. Do you need it to be in your home? What age or ages are your kids? What hours?

Depending on the commute, I may be interested.

I pm'd you

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:30 am
many live on less than 2000 a month. social help, or of course not a main salary
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics