Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best online grocery delivery service?

westchestermom

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 9:45 am
The week I came home from the hospital I ordered groceries from Shoprite. It was wonderful because they took my coupons and they brought really heavy stuff like large water containers, 40 pound bags of salt, etc. They no longer deliver to my area as of 3 weeks ago.
My other options are instacart, which delivers from all stores like Acme, Tops, Shoprite but is way more expensive than store prices, or I can try Peapod. Have you used peapod? I don't have a stop and shop in my town but when I've gone I haven't been impressed by their prices. Any ideas?

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 9:54 am
Target will send some groceries, but only things that are non-perishables. Also, they won't deliver heavy things like water. I get staples like flour, oil, oats, cereal, as well as paper towels and detergent.

I think Costco same day uses InstaCart or some similar service,and you're right; they charge a hefty surcharge on prices, around 25-30%. Then you still are expected to tip around 10-15%. I get things like milk, eggs, frozen salmon, and some fruits and vegetables.

If you are an Amazon Prime member and you have a Whole Foods near you, you can get groceries from Whole Food. The prices are quite good ever since Amazon bought them out. You are still expected to tip. I get many of my fruits and vegetables from them. They are good quality.

I find that between Whole Foods (called "Prime Now"), Costco, and Target, I get all I need, except for kosher products. For that I still need to visit our local kosher grocery store. The prices average out to a bit higher, but otherwise I have no household help, so I feel this is worth it. Shopping exhausts me. Also, I wind up buying less, so overall, I don't find that I spend more.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:12 pm
How about Amazon Fresh?

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:16 pm
Instacart!
(Also- 40 pounds of salt?! Whoa)

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:30 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Instacart!
(Also- 40 pounds of salt?! Whoa)

Rock salt for snow.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 1:58 pm
peapod or freshdirect

westchestermom

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 5:45 pm
it's not for snow, it's pellet salt for our water softener. I keep having browser issues with Peapod - especially in google chrome on my chromebook. Does that happen to anyone else?

lauful

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 6:00 pm
Shipt! If you order from Target, it's the same price as in-store.

westchestermom

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 6:25 pm
No shipt or fresh direct where I live unfortunately

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 6:29 pm
Check Target restock for heavy things.

fortunate123

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 1:04 am
What about Walmart grocery pickup? It’s not quite a delivery because you have to drive up to the store but you still avoid the hassle of shopping and checkout lines and there is no charge or hike on the prices.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 7:11 am
westchestermom wrote:
it's not for snow, it's pellet salt for our water softener. I keep having browser issues with Peapod - especially in google chrome on my chromebook. Does that happen to anyone else?

Oh that makes way more sense!
Do u have instacart where you live? They shlep things into my house for me

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:10 am
Can you order from a store like seasons or gourmet glatt? Would they deliver to your area?
Maybe if you state where you live other imamothers can offer a helpful suggestion.

westchestermom

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:34 am
I live in Putnam county. It's just outside of Westchester county in N.Y. state.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics