Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would you take teenaged son to football game?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:18 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Op, what are you trying to get out of this? Your question is a basic hashkafa question.

Many people on this site would have no problem allowing their boys to attend sporting events with cheerleaders. Many people on this site would not allow it.

There's no right answer to this.

I was looking for opinions from people who have similar hashkafos to myself.
Namely, that they don't have a problem with their children (or husbands or themselves) following or watching sports, but they do have an issue with seeing unclean things such cheerleaders.
I know there are some people who would not allow sports altogether, and I know there are some people who wouldn't mind cheerleaders. To each their own. No problem.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:23 am
I would figure out a way to have son get his sports needs without being exposed to cheerleaders. But that's because I'm right wing yeshivish and feel strongly about shmiras einayim and minimizing exposure as much as possible. But you also have to know your kid and know if hiding things will cause them to seek it out more OR if them seeing it, even while they look away after a second, that seeing it may cause them to seek these type of stuff out more.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:27 am
shmosmom wrote:
You can't take a boy that's a football fan to a baseball game. It's not the same thing!
Although after seeing this (link below) I'm going to try promoting baseball or hockey instead.
Lucky I'm already a hockey fan Smile
https://youtu.be/eef-l5pcEIk

You've heard the old joke -- last night, I went to the fights, and a hockey game broke out. This happens in all sports, even baseball, but its not really all that common.

OP, Met Life is a lot bigger than MSG. Try aveiewfrommyseat.com (IIRC) to get an idea.

shmosmom

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Insannity!! Have you ever seen such a thing in professional sports??!?!

Never!! I mean football always has some pushing and shoving, but taking down someone's helmet and hitting them with it? Absolutely ridiculous.
Wonder what the penalty will be. Probably suspended for the season, but I doubt NFL will kick him out forever. Don't know though.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:37 am
shmosmom wrote:
Never!! I mean football always has some pushing and shoving, but taking down someone's helmet and hitting them with it? Absolutely ridiculous.
Wonder what the penalty will be. Probably suspended for the season, but I doubt NFL will kick him out forever. Don't know though.

So far I heard he's suspended for the season.

He should be ousted for life! I'm sorry that is barbaric behavior! NFL needs him though.

shmosmom

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 11:38 am
Double post- delete

Ruchel

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 2:59 pm
There are dancing women? so no. If it's regular, sure

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 6:26 pm
If football is played well, it's intensely physical, but not "violent". Violence implies hatred and intent to harm. That doesn't mean that people don't get severely injured, but in my mind it's not the same as violence.

If you've ever watched Aussie Rules Football (soccer), now that's insane! It's basically rugby, with a soccer ball, with NO protective gear, on a muddy field, in the rain. There is no referee. Surprised It's great fun, and everyone gathers for a pint down at the pub afterward.

OP, you asked a really good question. It's a very fine line, much like deciding if you are going to let your kids watch PG movies, or if you are going to let your little girls get into Disney Princesses. I can't advise you one way or another.

There's an old joke, "Ultra Orthodox have answers, Modern Orthodox have questions." To have one foot in each world is a delicate balance. You have to find a way to either bubble wrap your kids, or to make them bulletproof.

chmom

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 7:51 pm
shmosmom wrote:
You can't take a boy that's a football fan to a baseball game. It's not the same thing!
Although after seeing this (link below) I'm going to try promoting baseball or hockey instead.
Lucky I'm already a hockey fan Smile
https://youtu.be/eef-l5pcEIk

Lol. Well about hockey...
As a fellow hockey fan I can only remind you of this
https://youtu.be/6B1-c3y_Vng

shmosmom

Post Sat, Nov 16 2019, 9:16 pm
chmom wrote:
Lol. Well about hockey...
As a fellow hockey fan I can only remind you of this
https://youtu.be/6B1-c3y_Vng

Ohmygod wow that is INTENSE
This is from before I was born, never seen that in my life!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics