Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
28 years old no career

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:43 am
I have no idea what I want to do. What I'm good at. Low self esteem. No talents. Years out of workforce-stay at home. How do I find out what I should do, what I'm good at, what would be a good career choice?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:03 am
Federation has an employment guidance service. See if they can help you with aptitude tests or the like. Does COPE still exist? It was Agudah’s employment training and guidance service. Depending on where you live there may be other such services, frum and secular. You might need to take some classes to acquire marketable skills if you want a “career” as opposed to a “job”.

forgetit

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have no idea what I want to do. What I'm good at. Low self esteem. No talents. Years out of workforce-stay at home. How do I find out what I should do, what I'm good at, what would be a good career choice?

I second what the poster above said. Maybe post where you live and we can help you out.
Shaina Keren is a career guidance coach who has helped many ppl find their 'calling'. She's also super easy to connect with as a person. You can find her on linkedin.
Also, re: the bold. Please realize that the most you must be out of the workforce is 10 years, if you are 28. It'll be a learning curve to get back into things, but very, very doable. People start new careers at 30 and 40, so you should be fine at 28.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:42 am
Second vote for Shaina Keren. She’s amazing at what she does and makes you feel very confident in your capabilities.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:54 pm
Do you like working with children? Babies?

I found that many women who are not sure about a career do well in preschool or babysitting, as it comes naturally to women who are caring and empathetic, as it sounds you are.

Did you look into it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics