Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Resume writing

adyrose

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:04 am
In need of advice. I need to make an extra income for my family. I would like to start a resume writing service. I have been doing it for family and friends for years and would like to turn it into a business.
How much would you (reasonably) pay for a professionally written resume, cover letters, and thank you letter?
Does anyone know the current going rates in Lakewood and Brooklyn?

Also, in order to build up a portfolio and references, I am willing to do a few for a very discounted rate. Pm me if you need a resume and can’t afford to pay for one.

Last edited by adyrose on Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:19 am
adyrose wrote:
In need of advice. I need to make an extra income for my family ASAP. I have a job but unfortunately, I don’t bring in enough. At this time, I need the flexibility my job offers along with the steady paycheck but I know I’m capable of earning so much more.
How much would you (reasonably) pay for a professionally written resume, cover letters, and thank you letter?
Does anyone know the current going rates in Lakewood and Brooklyn?

Also, in order to build up a portfolio and references, I am willing to do a few for a very discounted rate. Pm me if you need a resume and can’t afford to pay for one.

When I did mine 3 years ago, it was $150 for the resume.
Not sure how much it would have been for the additional options.

Also, your op isn't really clear -
I thought you were looking for a resume writer to help you write a resume so you can get a better paying job..

Hatzlacha

adyrose

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:26 am
Thank you Navy for pointing that out to me.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:39 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
When I did mine 3 years ago, it was $150 for the resume.
Not sure how much it would have been for the additional options.

Also, your op isn't really clear -
I thought you were looking for a resume writer to help you write a resume so you can get a better paying job..

Hatzlacha

That sounds expensive

adyrose

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:41 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
That sounds expensive

In your opinion, what would you say is reasonably priced?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:42 am
I think you should set up a LinkedIn profile, and the title should be Resume Writer.
Start off the first people you get at $50, and as you gain experience and word of mouth, you can increase it. I don’t think most people will want to pay much more than $80.

forgetit

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:03 am
If you have a good portfolio, you can start at $150 and go up more than that. $50 is really selling yourself short unless you're a real beginner.

adyrose

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:26 am
I wouldn’t call myself a beginner because I have been writing resumes, letters, proofreading, copywriting for either personal or work related for 20 years- just not for pay. It’s not that I haven’t thought about pursuing this as a business at various points but I would allow my lack of confidence to second guess my natural talents. That little voice inside would tell me there’s always someone better already doing it. Over the past few years, I’ve only gotten better and have come to realize that the compliments are real and writing is something I truly enjoy.

champagne

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:10 pm
You can also set up an account on Upwork. You have to price yourself lower but you’ll likely get more work because there’s a way bigger pool so you can build up a portfolio. You can also offer your proofreading skills there.

adyrose

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 1:22 pm
Thank you for the ideas and resources
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics