Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Which hotel in Yerushalayim has the best breakfast?
Previous  1  2

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 7:07 am
I stayed at the Waldorf for a few days.
The breakfast was magnificent!
Seriously fit for a king! I doubt even a king will get that much abundance and variety.
We were full the entire day- literally!
But if you’re staying at a hotel that serves a nice breakfast, why don’t you just eat that and go out for another meal??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:24 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I stayed at the Waldorf for a few days.
The breakfast was magnificent!
Seriously fit for a king! I doubt even a king will get that much abundance and variety.
We were full the entire day- literally!
But if you’re staying at a hotel that serves a nice breakfast, why don’t you just eat that and go out for another meal??

Good question-because my boys love breakfast foods and want to be able to have some of everything! Not just limited to the couple of things you order in a restaurant!

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:09 am
Since breakfast is included and usually good at the hotels and differ in hechsher why not call Kings first and ask them what they serve and try it at least the first day they will probably love it.

Debbie

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:24 am
Batsheva1 wrote:
I think the Kings has the best breakfast! No need to go elsewhere and spend extra. They have everything you could want and it's delicious!

My husband and I stayed at The Kings recently,and breakfast was absolutely delicious!

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 2:13 pm
Many of the hotels do not have good hechseirim. As much as I would love to try breakfast at the Waldorf, we don't eat that hechsher. We have tried the Plaza breakfast and enjoyed it.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 2:34 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Many of the hotels do not have good hechseirim. As much as I would love to try breakfast at the Waldorf, we don't eat that hechsher. We have tried the Plaza breakfast and enjoyed it.

Did you know that the hechsher changed recently? We are fine eating the milchig breakfast but did not use the fleishig restaurant

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 2:41 pm
We stayed at the Leonardo Plaza and their breakfast was an abundance of variety. We didn’t eat lunch those days because we were so full from breakfast. My sons have also gone there with my DH and they also loved their breakfast buffet. They had pizza, omelette to order, multiple types of fresh bread and rolls, cheeses, salads, fruits, cereals, drinks and pastries and lots more that I didn’t list.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 2:47 pm
What's the new hechsher at the Waldorf?

Batsheva1

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Really? That's great! Thank you! Just to double cbeck- my son said when he was in Israel (about 5 years ago) he said he ate breakfast in a hotel where they even offered pizza, and he was excited to do it again, were there options like that? Do you remember?

Honestly, I don't remember pizza. I've been to the King's three times, but not recently. I do remember the breakfast being outstanding with tremendous variety though. More recently I was at the Dan Hotel and the food wasn't nearly as good as the Kings.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:19 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Did you know that the hechsher changed recently? We are fine eating the milchig breakfast but did not use the fleishig restaurant

Really!? I was there in the summer, and I was told the hechsher is really not good, although some well-meaning, 'yeshivish-looking' people are not aware and eat there. I hope you are right, and there is a better hechsher there now. I would really like to stay and eat at the Waldorf during my next visit.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:17 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Really!? I was there in the summer, and I was told the hechsher is really not good, although some well-meaning, 'yeshivish-looking' people are not aware and eat there. I hope you are right, and there is a better hechsher there now. I would really like to stay and eat at the Waldorf during my next visit.

I think that's a pretty snotty way of saying that you have chumras that won't allow you to eat there.

And maybe those yeshivish-looking people are just fine with it.

essie14

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:46 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

Rabbanut Yerushalayim is "really not good"?
You may not hold from it but hundreds of thousands of people do. It's quite a good hechsher.

ETA: Seems that as of July 2019 the hashgacha is Mehadrin
https://jamiegeller.com/blogs/.....alem/
Quote:
Since the hotel opened its doors until this very day the Hashgacha is of Glatt Mehadrin quality. The meat we use is supervised by Badatz Rubin, Badatz Kehilot, and Badatz Mehadrin Yerushalayim

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:42 am
We stayed in a hotel once or twice with a rabbanut hechsher. We checked with the mashgiach (a chareidi guy) what was ok and most things were fine. (bread, yogurts, fish etc) But in one case the eggs were being cooked by a non Jewish chef so there was an issue of bishul akum unless we asked to do something which we were uncomfortable doing. (we didn't want eggs that badly)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics