Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are your eyebrows and hair the same color?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 7:46 am
My sheital macher showed me blonde sheitals and she said a lot of women ask the top to be darkened so it matches their eyebrows. With me, it’s not necessary because my eyebrows are so light. I don’t like how light they are, so I try to darken them a bit. I’ve seen redheads with very, very dark eyebrows. Do yours match and are you happy with it?

nchr

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 7:48 am
Aesthetically speaking (according to trends of todat) your eyebrows should be slightly lighter than your hair color, but in my experience it is naturally usually the opposite.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:15 am
My eyebrows are slightly darker than my hair, but both are going gray at the same rate. Confused

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:28 am
Ive got pitch black eyebrows/hair and 2 of my sheitels faded into a brownish color. Will have to dye them.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:36 am
My hair is a golden color with red highlights. It's usually just called red.
Eyebrows are a cool taupe.
Arm and facial hair is blonde.
Leg hair is brown.
Pubic hair is red.

Yeah I feel like an alien sometimes. lol.
I like to find a color that matches my brows but is a bit redder. I'd love to dye them and my actual hair to be more red.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 8:38 am
My eyebrows are dark brown.
My hair is light brown/dark blonde.

It always kind of confused me, and makes sheitel shopping tricky.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:35 am
In beauty school, I learned that your eyebrows should be within 2 shades darker than your hair color, and the MUST be the same tone

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:44 am
My brows are thinning so they look lighter than they used to, but the individual hairs are pretty much as dark as they always were. . Meanwhile my temples are almost white and everywhere else greying badly. I tweeze out the two or three white hairs that crop up in my brows. Unlike my brows, my lashes have faded, but worse than that is that they have thinned and gotten shorter. I used to have LASHES, but no more.

My various relatives who range from Swedish blonde to chocolate brown are for the most part lucky enough to have brows and lashes darker than their heads. Only a couple of light blondes and carrot tops have naked-looking eyes with lashes and brows as pale as their heads, poor things. It’s a terrible look. The women who are old enough to do so wear mascara and brow color.

I would say brows and lashes should be slightly darker. Not soot black with a blonde sheitel, which looks clownish, but a couple of shades darker than the hair.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:07 pm
I'm ashy blonde, so light my hair looks translucent silver in the sun.

I tint my brows and lashes, otherwise I look unhealthily pale and wan

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 12:21 pm
My eyebrows are slightly darker than my natural color, I think, but not by much. I can't find a sheitel in my natural color, so I go darker - which means that my eyebrows are a bit lighter than my sheitel. I sometimes darken them. Basically only for Yom Tov, because I can't be bothered on the regular, and people tell me that it looks natural.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:41 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
In beauty school, I learned that your eyebrows should be within 2 shades darker than your hair color, and the MUST be the same tone

Really? The vast majority of people who dye their hair colors such as red or blue do not match their brows.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics