Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Another "what-should-I-get-DH" thread!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:42 pm
Ok another gift challenge!
My husband and I hate getting gifts. But we love giving gifts. So once a year, we each give each other a "annibirthdakah" gift (our anniversary, bdays, and chanuka are the same time). So far I've gotten him a really cute photo book of us, a monogrammed portfolio, a really funky wine accessory kit, a gorgeous set of whiskey tumblers, a book by his favorite author. Can't remember what else.

He doesn't like cologne. Says if I buy it, it's a gift to myself. Doesn't care for wallets, cufflinks, valets, clothes in general. He's super smart and loves to read, but does intense research before buying books, so I'd rather not bother guessing. He's into wines, liquors, coffee.

ETA- I also got him a really nice scarf once. So not his type, but he wears it to death Laugh
And he's super into cooking and pizza making.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:46 pm
Maybe a fancy pen?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 3:47 pm
check out uncommongoods.com
you can find the randomest things there

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:09 pm
Well if he loves making pizza, what’s the problem? Get him a pizza making accessory—a pizza stone, or a peel (the wooden paddle to transfer pizza from counter to oven and back again), or a set of exotic toppings and seasonings, or a cheese shredder so he can make umpteen-cheese pizza, or a pizza slicing wheel, or some new pizza pans, or a chef’s toque and white tunic, or an apron that says “smile and say pizza!”

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:09 pm
My new idea! A view master with custom photo reels
$30
He and the kids will love it so it's a great family gift
There's only like 1 or 2 sites that do it so just Google

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:14 pm
zaq wrote:
Well if he loves making pizza, what’s the problem? Get him a pizza making accessory—a pizza stone, or a peel (the wooden paddle to transfer pizza from counter to oven and back again), or a set of exotic toppings and seasonings, or a cheese shredder so he can make umpteen-cheese pizza, or a pizza slicing wheel, or some new pizza pans, or a chef’s toque and white tunic, or an apron that says “smile and say pizza!”

He has all that besides for the levush!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:14 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
My new idea! A view master with custom photo reels
$30
He and the kids will love it so it's a great family gift
There's only like 1 or 2 sites that do it so just Google

Sounds cool. What is it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:15 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
check out uncommongoods.com
you can find the randomest things there

Haha I'm cracking up from the stuff on this link! I'll make time to sift through soon!

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:18 pm
Doe he like geography and/or travel?

If yes, a personal travel map is awesome. I got one from pushpintravelmaps.com, great quality!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:23 pm
Look up cool.kitchen gadgets. There are some super cool stuff out there. (I just actually googled it myself trying to find a present for someone)

mfb

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:52 pm
How about a keurig machine to make all different flavors of coffee

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 4:58 pm
You both hate getting gifts but love giving them? Why burden each other even that once a year, then? Instead, why not select together, each year, a different tzedakah and give it the gift of the money you would have wasted on giving each other gifts you’d rather not get. Or buy both sets of your PARENTS a nice gift for giving you life and making your wedding. I mean, if you hate gifts so much ...

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:02 pm
Leather gloves with fingertip technology
Remote starter for his car
Dash cam
A really good chef's knife and sheeth
Knife sharpener
Nice belt
Challah cover

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:09 pm
zaq wrote:
You both hate getting gifts but love giving them? Why burden each other even that once a year, then? Instead, why not select together, each year, a different tzedakah and give it the gift of the money you would have wasted on giving each other gifts you’d rather not get. Or buy both sets of your PARENTS a nice gift for giving you life and making your wedding. I mean, if you hate gifts so much ...

Because they want to please their spouse. DH and I are similar. We are both givers and don't particularly like receiving gifts. He hates it. But he loves to please me - not some random organization or his parents.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:14 pm
zaq wrote:

Another excellent idea Smile I do get my parents a card on my birthday. I am involved with a few organizations, so that would be an easy one.
But also, I love getting my husband a gift. Like, specifically him.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:14 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Because they want to please their spouse. DH and I are similar. We are both givers and don't particularly like receiving gifts. He hates it. But he loves to please me - not some random organization or his parents.

Yay you get me! Ok lay it on me. What have you gotten for him?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Leather gloves with fingertip technology
Remote starter for his car
Dash cam
A really good chef's knife and sheeth
Knife sharpener

Nice belt
Challah cover

Love it. Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:16 pm
mfb wrote:
How about a keurig machine to make all different flavors of coffee

I got him a really nice coffee press and I occasionally pick up some interesting boutique coffees for him to try. He's not so into the Keurig thing. Prefers to brew it himself.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:17 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Look up cool.kitchen gadgets. There are some super cool stuff out there. (I just actually googled it myself trying to find a present for someone)

Awesome idea gonna browse soon

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 5:19 pm
Thank you for the ideas!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics