Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos penina
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:07 pm
Does anyone know if bnos penina gives tuition breaks?

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:24 pm
Anyone send there now and can give me honest feedback ???

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:43 pm
We send there and pay $490 monthly (includes $50 a month building fund). I think its a small break but I dont know the real tuition amount

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 12:48 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
Anyone send there now and can give me honest feedback ???

What type of feedback?

Curriculum is amazing.
Staff is top notch.

It’s very hard for me. It wasn’t my first or second choice but had nowhere else to go because I wasn’t accepted.
I feel like I could do better but dh refuses to fight. We tried bais chinuch but they refused to accept us.

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 1:23 pm
So why do you feel you can do better if curriculum and staff is amazing? I'm asking for honest feedback cuz I have been hearing such mixed reviews about the school.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 1:33 pm
So why do you feel you can do better if curriculum and staff is amazing? I'm asking for honest feedback cuz I have been hearing such mixed reviews about the school.

Because I’m scared my daughter will be influenced by her friends. We live a more sheltered life.

DH claims that this is not what hashem wants from us. To fight tooth and nail to get in to a school. A child’s chinuch involves 3 partnerships 1. Hashem 2. Parents 3. School. Let’s not forget about the other 2. But it’s still very hard for me to come to terms with it.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 1:37 pm
I sent there because it was the only school that took us- Our Rabbi said to send were we are wanted.

Many of the people that send there are for the same reason, that is why I think it has a name. Nobody wants to go to the school that takes everyone, they want an exclusive place.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 1:38 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
I sent there because it was the only school that took us- Our Rabbi said to send were we are wanted.

Many of the people that send there are for the same reason, that is why I think it has a name. Nobody wants to go to the school that takes everyone, they want an exclusive place.

Same here. It’s just hard that this is what society is like today.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 1:41 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Because I’m scared my daughter will be influenced by her friends. We live a more sheltered life.

DH claims that this is not what hashem wants from us. To fight tooth and nail to get in to a school. A child’s chinuch involves 3 partnerships 1. Hashem 2. Parents 3. School. Let’s not forget about the other 2. But it’s still very hard for me to come to terms with it.

Can you give me an example what more sheltered means?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 1:53 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
Can you give me an example what more sheltered means?

When my daughter goes for a play date the mothers hair is not covered. I shave.

Her friends wear short sleeves and short socks. She doesn’t. Her elbows are covered and she wears tights only.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t judge by what ppl wear. I see past that. I’ve made some amazing friends with mothers from her class.

I’m worried how it will effect my daughter in the future. Svivah is a big factor in a child’s upbringing.

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:07 pm
Do they have parallel classes ? Maybe they should divide the classes by types. Just like bybp in brooklyn does . How is the principle , student relationship?

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:12 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
When my daughter goes for a play date the mothers hair is not covered. I shave.

Her friends wear short sleeves and short socks. She doesn’t. Her elbows are covered and she wears tights only.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t judge by what ppl wear. I see past that. I’ve made some amazing friends with mothers from her class.

I’m worried how it will effect my daughter in the future. Svivah is a big factor in a child’s upbringing.

What do you mean her hair isn't covered? Like actual hair no covering at all? That seems unusual for someone living in lakewood.

amother
Bone

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:15 pm
We tried bais chinuch but they refused to accept us.[/quote]

Any idea why ? You sound like the type they are seeking...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:17 pm
Deleted
LH

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:18 pm
Deleted

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:21 pm
If you shave then you sound pretty chassidish. Have you tried tiferes chaya? Bais bracha stolin ?
Anyway , I really want to know regarding the actual school. How is it run? Are they into the girls ? Regarding clientele, We are more to the right, my daughter doesn't wear short sleeves , and my wig isn't super long. We have a nice home .

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:22 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
What do you mean her hair isn't covered? Like actual hair no covering at all? That seems unusual for someone living in lakewood.

When she opens the door she throws her hoodie on (at pick up or drop off) I’m not sure what she does at home. I don’t want to ask my daughter. It will send her a wrong message.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:23 pm
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
We tried bais chinuch but they refused to accept us.

Any idea why ? You sound like the type they are seeking...[/quote]

I know why. I don’t feel comfortable sharing. But it’s not a valid reason and was a huge turn off for me. They also did things behind my back.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:25 pm
If you shave then you sound pretty chassidish. Have you tried tiferes chaya? Bais bracha stolin ?
Anyway , I really want to know regarding the actual school. How is it run? Are they into the girls ? Regarding clientele, We are more to the right, my daughter doesn't wear short sleeves , and my wig isn't super long. We have a nice home .

I am very chassidish. I didn’t try anything else because we moved pretty last minute and it was end of the year already.

I’m really happy with how the school is run. The teachers are amazing! They are very in to the girls. Lots of engagement. I went to a play they made. It was short and sweet and the girls were not under a lot of pressure.

They made a math mall. Every class had a diff equation based on what they were learning. So so cute!

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:29 pm
If you are very chassidish , there are plenty of chassidish yiddish speaking schools . Bnos bina , klausenburg, bnos sura ...
Anyway thanks for feedback on the school . I have heard some negative things on how the school is run and principle student relationship.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries