Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
"Facts don't care about your feelings" is about feelings

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:12 pm
Despite having no logical basis, many people feel that feelings are not facts, when in fact, feelings do factually exist.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Despite having no logical basis, many people feel that feelings are not facts, when in fact, feelings do factually exist.

It is a fact that feelings exist, but feelings itself are never facts. So I'm not sure where you're running with this?

Cheiny

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Feelings exist but they’re not always factual.

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:27 pm
Omg I love you OP

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:47 pm
Our feelings are often formed by our thoughts. Our thoughts may be based on false beliefs. We picked up false beliefs in childhood and those beliefs were programmed into our subconscious mind. So when a child experiences a traumatic event , the way the brain works is then is to believe that whatever happened was their fault. This becomes part of your beliefs and thought processes that you carry into your adult life. You may find yourself feeling like you are at fault for something that is not your fault. The fact that you FEEL it’s your fault is real. But the idea or thought that what has just happened is your fault is not necessarily true and could have been someone else’s fault but you automatically, with your subconscious brain believe it’s your fault and that’s why you FEEL it’s your fault and you can FEEL guilty about it but it’s really not your fault and never was your fault.

Twinster

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Our feelings are often formed by our thoughts. Our thoughts may be based on false beliefs. We picked up false beliefs in childhood and those beliefs were programmed into our subconscious mind. So when a child experiences a traumatic event , the way the brain works is then is to believe that whatever happened was their fault. This becomes part of your beliefs and thought processes that you carry into your adult life. You may find yourself feeling like you are at fault for something that is not your fault. The fact that you FEEL it’s your fault is real. But the idea or thought that what has just happened is your fault is not necessarily true and could have been someone else’s fault but you automatically, with your subconscious brain believe it’s your fault and that’s why you FEEL it’s your fault and you can FEEL guilty about it but it’s really not your fault and never was your fault.

Very well said and a good point.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:52 pm
Then why don't the facts respect my feelings? This is a big problem. What if I want something but the fact is that I can't afford it or shouldn't eat it?
It isn't fair.
OTOH, depending on what side of an issue you are on, you will find plenty of "facts" to support your position and you may not find any strictly neutral "facts".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics