Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Chasidishe homeschoolers please help!
Previous  1  2

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 8:48 pm
Maybe you can print sheets from Torah Umesorah

Cookiegirl

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 8:54 pm
dankbar wrote:
Maybe you can print sheets from Torah Umesorah

Was going to say this...check out chinuch.org. not sure what they may have in Yiddish, but worth investigating. It is an incredible repository of education materials for all grades

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 9:06 pm
I wonder how you work this out if all your kids are homeschooled? If you have different ages & genders & everyone needs to learn something else according to their age level?

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 9:07 pm
If you pair up with other moms you can rotate with them

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 9:27 pm
If you saved some workbooks from your kids who are older than younger ones who need to be homeschooled, you can get idea what needs to be taught and make copies

southernbubby

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 9:59 pm
dankbar wrote:
The shluchim of Chabad have an online limudei kodesh school.

That works like a regular school; kids are all on computer cameras in view of the teachers and wearing the uniform. It works like a regular classroom but the kids are usually living too far from the maddening crowd to have a local yeshiva. It is also very Chabad focused.

dankbar

Post Mon, Aug 19 2019, 10:27 pm
How old are your kids that you want to homeschool OP?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:21 am
There is Chumash Torah Berurah by Rabbi Babad for junior high and high school.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have any online program or curriculum that you use? I am just beginning this journey and need advice. I was thinking to use Melamed Academy, but want limudei kodesh in Yiddish. Are there any resources available for that? What do you do/use?

For boys, the gemaras taught in grades up to Kita ches are available in Yiddish.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:33 am
southernbubby wrote:
That works like a regular school; kids are all on computer cameras in view of the teachers and wearing the uniform. It works like a regular classroom but the kids are usually living too far from the maddening crowd to have a local yeshiva. It is also very Chabad focused.

The chabad focused part is separate.
My son is now doing the regular limudei kodesh class for two hours a day.
Not chabad related.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 5:36 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
The chabad focused part is separate.
My son is now doing the regular limudei kodesh class for two hours a day.
Not chabad related.

Right, there are separate divisions. The Shluchim Online School and the Cheder division are Chabad-focused. The Jewish Day School and Hebrew School are not.
http://www.nigrijewishonlineschool.com/jewish

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:20 am
Are you talking about girls or boys? If girls, you just find out who the school orders the Yiddish textbooks from and you call them and ask for copies of the textbooks. You can probably ask some teachers for some parsha notes or ask another parent with the kid in the school. If it is because of not vaccinating, you may not have many people wanting to help, but there are other reasons people homeschool. If you do vaccinate, call some of the rabid anti vaxxers to see if they could recommend resources since a few are homeschooling

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:24 am
Perhaps you can purchase the curriculum from a school for her grade level. I’m sure they have many beautiful programs and books that are ready to use.

Frenchfry

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:53 am
Does room 613 still exist?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:56 am
Frenchfry wrote:
Does room 613 still exist?

Unfortunately not, as far as I know.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:11 am
I ran bubby school for 2 of DD's maidalach when their school went on strike but I hired a high school girl to help when she got off of school.
If whoever is homeschooling has the money, or even if they are homeschooling due to poverty, it is cheaper to hire a girl then to get an adult to help. The added bonus was that the girl made the learning fun. I personally think getting help can prevent burnout.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:20 am
nchr wrote:
Are you talking about girls or boys? If girls, you just find out who the school orders the Yiddish textbooks from and you call them and ask for copies of the textbooks. You can probably ask some teachers for some parsha notes or ask another parent with the kid in the school. If it is because of not vaccinating, you may not have many people wanting to help, but there are other reasons people homeschool. If you do vaccinate, call some of the rabid anti vaxxers to see if they could recommend resources since a few are homeschooling

If the school basically accepted the children but are not allowed to let them in the building for legal reasons regarding vaccines, possibly they could arrange something with books, work sheets and teachers who could come to the homes so that these kids could still get the chinuch. Regardless of what we think of the parents' decision regarding vaccines, their children still need chinuch and maybe an arrangement could be made with the yeshiva but for less tuition. The yeshiva would have to call it a homeschool program so that they don't have problems with the DOH or DOE.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling