Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Orthodontist - Do you pay?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 11:23 pm
If your child is finished with braces and has a problem with something after they finish the work..like a year later..does your orthodontist charge for repair?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 1:20 am
I'm several years out of braces and need a replacement retainer and I need to pay for it.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 5:58 am
what does the contract say

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:21 am
yes

Do you expect other products you have to last for life, or do you pay the repairman?

momX4

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:26 am
My daughter is done with braces and still has a peice of metal in her mouth. It will stay there for a while.

If it gets removed they will have to make a new retainer for her. If she loses her retainer or it breaks, it says clearly in the contract that we have to pay for it.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:28 am
I doubt any orthodontists give a lifetime guarantee. They should have made this clear up front, but not all orthodontic treatment "sticks."

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If your child is finished with braces and has a problem with something after they finish the work..like a year later..does your orthodontist charge for repair?
If your kid finished with braces and goes back a whole year later, what would the connection be to the braces?
I think of course you have to pay.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:19 am
Ruchel wrote:
what does the contract say

I will look to see if I still have it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:20 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
If your kid finished with braces and goes back a whole year later, what would the connection be to the braces?
I think of course you have to pay.

My other child used a different orthodontist and he did not charge when you came back for a two minute repair. He did charge for a new retainer.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:54 pm
a repair is different than a replacement retainer. they outsource to make the retianer so they would take a loss. if the repair is an adjustment and just takes a little of their time I would think they would do that for free.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:55 pm
also when you say "has a problem" if this is a problem due to something they did I would expect them to not charge, if say someone broke their retainer due to regular use or abuse I would not expect them to include it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 1:47 pm
It was a repair of a splint (not sure if I am spelling it correctly)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children