Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Essential oils- doTERRA, young living or cheaper from amazon

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:46 pm
?
Not the best forum for this- but wasn’t sure where to post Smile
Specifically looking into on guard/thieves and lavender or serenity (sleep aid) and then maybe lemon or something to clean.
Please share which brand you use and if any specific is better.
Thanks!
Oh, and if you have a diffuser recommendation please share!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:48 pm
For use not on skin NOW brand is fine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:49 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
For use not on skin NOW brand is fine.

Thanks. I’ll look it up. My question is also with let’s say doTERRA you need a membership, so is it worth it?

shanie5

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:52 pm
If you're thinking of membership, melalueca also has essential oils.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I’ll look it up. My question is also with let’s say doTERRA you need a membership, so is it worth it?

I wouldn't buy anything from an MLM.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:54 pm

So very much this.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:55 pm
Mind elaborating please? I’ve bought EO in healthfood store and amazon in the past and I honestly don’t trust that it’s authentic, so I’m kinda lost now

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:57 pm
I'm happy with the EO at whole foods- their brand. It's affordable and seems quality to me. It's also available on Amazon.

shanie5

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:59 pm
I've been a member of melalueca for a few years now. I don't sell or push their products. And I don't get pressured to do so either. A majority of melalueca members just buy their products. And I love the products I use of theirs.
And I have a few people who ask me to order for them certain items they like. And that includes some of the essential oils.

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 1:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Mind elaborating please? I’ve bought EO in healthfood store and amazon in the past and I honestly don’t trust that it’s authentic, so I’m kinda lost now

The companies have predatory marketing, sales, and renumberation practices, so there's no way that I would buy from them or trust that they have qualify products.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 5:17 pm
I have doTERRA on guard beadlets and the lemon essential oil
So far I’ve been very happy with their products

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 5:53 pm

Used to think that way until I my sister in law had a good friend selling from a certain company. After using some of their products I was very much surprised that they actually REALLY work well and are natural.

I wouldn't run out and use everything they own as they are expensive but some of the products are cheaper and are more unique and worth the money and therefore I own 3-4 of their products.

I wouldn't buy from a MLM unless I was close or knew someone in it and therefore see actual results and get a chance to try their products. Also again, it needs to not be exorbitantly expensive and serve a unique purpose or be cheap. It has to have a good reason why I won't buy a similar product from another brand basically.

aliavi

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:16 pm
Anyone else see the DoTerra ad at the bottom of this thread?

shanie5

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:30 pm
Yep!

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:02 pm
Why has no one mentioned Aura Cacia? Readily available at Target, CVS, Walgreens. whole foods, Amazon, every health food store, etc. Been around many many years, much longer than current craze with MLMs. I've been using this brand about 15 years. I buy lavender, lemon, tangerine, clove, sage, tea tree, eucalyptus, peppermint, spearmint, wild chamomile. I tried other brands, you can smell the difference. I got my diffuser three years ago on Amazon black Friday. Wait a week, you'll see a super price on a diffuser with great reviews. You can get them at a brick and mortar after XMAS for 25%-50% retail.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:07 pm
I used to recommend Plant Therapy.
A family company , third-party tested. With way cheaper prices.
Amazing customer service.
But it was recently bought out by one of the big companies. So I cant guarantee it any more
Anon - since I tell everyone irl

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:02 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Why has no one mentioned Aura Cacia? Readily available at Target, CVS, Walgreens. whole foods, Amazon, every health food store, etc. Been around many many years, much longer than current craze with MLMs. I've been using this brand about 15 years. I buy lavender, lemon, tangerine, clove, sage, tea tree, eucalyptus, peppermint, spearmint, wild chamomile. I tried other brands, you can smell the difference. I got my diffuser three years ago on Amazon black Friday. Wait a week, you'll see a super price on a diffuser with great reviews. You can get them at a brick and mortar after XMAS for 25%-50% retail.

can you recommend a good diffuser? and the Aura Cacia brand you mentioned is authentic?
I really want to order already! you diffuse all of the above oils or use for cleaning? can you share please? I love hearing these things Smile

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:55 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

Can only speak for myself but the reason I haven't mentioned Aura Cacia is because it's one of the supermarket type brands that I tried and found ineffectual.

I use Young Living. I had tried a few of the "regular" cheaper brands including NOW and Aura Cacia and a couple of other random ones, came to the conclusion that essential oils aren't helpful for me, and dropped it. A couple of years later an acquaintance introduced me to Young Living and urged me to try again. I admit I was in a place where I really needed self-help ideas and somehow she convinced me, and I'm thankful because it really was a whole different experience than the store kinds.

I would go so far as to say that no others are any good, I'm sure there are others that are fine, but for myself I prefer to just stick with what I know works. Having already been around the block trying others, I'm not interested in wasting time, money, and energy shopping around anymore. You do pay a more premium price for the oils, but they are potent enough to last a really long time so it doesn't end up being much. Initial investment of under $200 which yes is a lot more than a grocery brand but you get a LOT for it including a diffuser.

So if you want to shop around I fully respect that and wish you luck. But if you decide you want to try what worked for me, I'm happy to elaborate. And yes I would get a credit for you using my referral link/number, but hey Young Living isn't paying $3billion for super bowl ads. Sure there are some slimy MLMs and some slimy salespeople out there but people are deluding themselves if they think retail companies do any less marketing or do it more honestly.

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:02 am
Oh and to answer your other questions:

1. I don't think there's a big difference between diffusers. If you go really cheap you'll probably get something that will break easily or not work consistently. But if it works, you'll know, it will poof a scent into the air. If you can't smell anything a few feet away, then it's not working. I'm fine with Amazon reviews on things like this. What bells and whistles do you really need? Make sure you get one that the light can be turned off in case you want to use it at bedtime. Other potentially useful features could be a timer to turn it off after a given time.

2. I use oils diffused, smelled straight from the bottle, and applied topically (diluted and with care and education!) I have used them for cleaning in the past but I stopped, it seemed like a bit of a waste. I did buy the Young Living cleaning solution which has the oils in it (among some other stuff, nothing too nasty.) It's easier than mixing oily concoctions and far more cost-effective - a $25 bottle of the concentrate can last many months and be used for just about anything (you mix it with water)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry