Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sending your kid to school with cute bows

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:33 pm
This question is for mothers who love to send their kids to school with cute bows in their hair:

What do you do when the bows don't come back? Every time I send them to school with a bow there's at least a 50% chance it won't come back. I know teachers have better things to do than monitor her bows all day. So what's the solution?

srbmom

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:37 pm
Only buy them on AliExpress for $1 each so to me they're almost disposable

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:47 pm
I have a firm policy against my kids wearing anything expensive to school. No fancy headbands or bows and certainly no real jewelry. There is too high a chance of things getting lost or ruined.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:48 pm
I get cheap hair accessories and everything gets labeled. So if they lose it in school or on the bus, it can be returned. When my girls were in pre school I usually styled their hair in a way it didn't need an accessory. Like braids, bun, short bob.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This question is for mothers who love to send their kids to school with cute bows in their hair:

What do you do when the bows don't come back? Every time I send them to school with a bow there's at least a 50% chance it won't come back. I know teachers have better things to do than monitor her bows all day. So what's the solution?

If your child has a tendency to lose such things, only send her with things that you won't care if she loses.

You can't really expect a teacher to monitor whose bow is where during the day, particularly when there's recess.

Perhaps check the lost and found periodically to retrieve your daughters' loy accessories. Although I found the lost and found to be such a mess that I never bothered, except for lost jackets.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:17 pm
I send anyway and just accept the risk. At the end of day it’s just a bow. However, my daughter is very attached to her bows so if she lost one I know she’d be so upset that she would be vigilant about not letting it happen again as much as is possible for a 3 year old, lol

But yes I just don’t get attached even though I do spend on her hair accessories
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics