Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What can we do to prevent superbugs?
Previous  1  2

Gulabi

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:40 pm
Pure turmeric shouldn't interact with anything, its part of every Indians daily diet. And I know lots of Indian ladies on thyroid meds. Oh eta I remember hearing once you shouldn't take a lot along with stomach ulcer meds

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:55 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Does turmeric interact with thyroid medication?

I dont know. Don’t know what the tea had that interacted with thyroid meds.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:56 pm
Gulabi wrote:
Pure turmeric shouldn't interact with anything, its part of every Indians daily diet. And I know lots of Indian ladies on thyroid meds. Oh eta I remember hearing once you shouldn't take a lot along with stomach ulcer meds

That must be so awesome! I really wanted to take it for the anti inflammatory benefits...

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 4:59 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
That must be so awesome! I really wanted to take it for the anti inflammatory benefits...

I always use it in chicken soup but someone who I know who has trouble with thyroid regulation uses the capsule form.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:22 pm
I know you dont want to hear this but according to an article on web md. They cited a study which showed the pneumococcal vaccine linked to an increase in infections that are resistant to drugs. The title, ironically is "Decline in kids ear infections linked to vaccine" because overall numbers of ear infections are down. I'm not sure if there a causal effect here between the vaccine and the decline though.
Also, you might want to research how the flu vaccines are causing the flu to mutate and become more virulent each year. It is a virus after all.
*Not posting under my screen name for obvious reasons*

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 4:34 am
stop obsessing over "clean"

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 6:08 am
anonymrs wrote:
Manuka honey has been studied and proven to be effective against Mrsa and it does not cause bacteria to mutate resulting in antibiotic resistance.

Does anyone know how/where to get that in Israel?

What is called in hebrew and where they sell it?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 7:12 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I know you dont want to hear this but according to an article on web md. They cited a study which showed the pneumococcal vaccine linked to an increase in infections that are resistant to drugs. The title, ironically is "Decline in kids ear infections linked to vaccine" because overall numbers of ear infections are down. I'm not sure if there a causal effect here between the vaccine and the decline though.
Also, you might want to research how the flu vaccines are causing the flu to mutate and become more virulent each year. It is a virus after all.
*Not posting under my screen name for obvious reasons*

I think that science should always keep an open mind. For example, we are now hearing that stents and coronary bypass surgery are no better than medication for clearing blocked coronary arteries. For years people had these procedures. There are significant differences of opinion from mainstream doctors about old protocol.
It may be that years from now, we will develop a different approach to the management of infectious diseases but this is what we have at the moment. I'm not sure that we ever want go back to the flu epidemic of a century ago that killed 21 million people so I can't imagine that science will ever say to just let nature take it's course but we have to be open minded to the development of a better approach.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:07 am
Use herbal antibiotics, antivirals and antifungals. Plants have extremely elaborate systems for warding off pathogens, they are much more intelligent and selective than antibiotics and use complex mechanisms of action that prevent mutation into superbugs. Hundreds of people are already using them for resistant infections and seeing amazing results.
herbal antibiotics https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-.....r=8-3
herbal antivirals https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-.....r=8-3

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:42 am
southernbubby wrote:
It's all over the news, and the CDC agrees, that antibiotics have created dangerous and resistant forms of bacteria. Our zealous destruction of germs, both in humans and in animals has resulted in 35,000 deaths a year from incurable infections.
I am not a lover of alternative medicine because it's often unproven, not scientifically sound, not licensed, and not covered by insurance but I am willing to be open minded to things that really work. Dgd, has a splinter deep in her foot and I want to try drawing salve, clay or something non antibiotic but maybe triple antibiotic ointment is the answer.
So what is everyone doing today about these pesky ear infections that end up being an entire childhood on antibiotics?

Garlic oil before eardrum ruptures.abx destroys the good and bad bacteria and then the body has less of the good resource to fight with which makes them more susceptible to further infections and the abx cycle begins. Usually there's an underlying cause if there are recurring infections after using garlic oil. Example, allergies can cause congestion that can cause fluid to back up and cause ear infection.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:02 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Garlic oil before eardrum ruptures.abx destroys the good and bad bacteria and then the body has less of the good resource to fight with which makes them more susceptible to further infections and the abx cycle begins. Usually there's an underlying cause if there are recurring infections after using garlic oil. Example, allergies can cause congestion that can cause fluid to back up and cause ear infection.

I will speak to DIL about this. He is allergic to coconut and probably some other things.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:10 am
southernbubby wrote:
I always use it in chicken soup but someone who I know who has trouble with thyroid regulation uses the capsule form.

When I had Scarlet Fever, the only thing I could swallow was chicken broth with pureed vegetables, and TONS of turmeric and fresh garlic. As much as I could stand. I literally lived on this for two straight weeks. (I lost almost 15 pounds.)

Even drinking room temp water felt like swallowing razor blades and broken glass, so that soup was the best way to get both liquids and proteins in me, as well as herbal medicine.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics