Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Classy and Ambiance - Crown Heights restaurant

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:29 pm
Looking for a classy restaurant in Crown Heights with ambiance for a special night out for my husband and I.
I have heard about Allenbi or Bison and Bourbon.
Any ideas, and what do you think about these?
I believe Allenbi is very pricey and noisy...?

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:38 pm
Bison and Bourbon is great, but it's not in CH.

Eta: Also interested in hearing about Gruit... Not sure but that might be an idea...

Window

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:41 pm
Meat
But it’s expensive
There really isn’t anything in ch that meets your requirements and cheap

Window

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:42 pm
Pescada is nearby in Flatbush and it’s decent prices and classy. I’ve only ever been to their dairy place

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:10 pm
They're all cool but none quiet and intimate.

Gruit has cool ambiance, not great eating but like go for a beer. You can get a nice corner in the outside (idk if they have heaters now, I went in nice weather)

Alenbi has cool, small, expensive portions (eat before you come lol) and it's not cozy and quiet

Bison and bourbon has great options, not in ch, also a cool vibe.

Btw Pescada dairy is a lunchroom and somehow always full of women. Like dh hates eating there bc he said it feels like a girls high school.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:22 pm
Boeuf n bun has yummy food. I don't know about pricing though.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:27 pm
I don't mind if its in the general Brooklyn area, just want it to be classy and have ambiance.

Prefer meat but open to dairy if theres something that matches that description.

Thanks so much!

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:48 pm
I don't know what to compare it to but mozzarrella on troy ave is very nice. I've gone there during the day with dh. Dairy. Food is great. Service is great. Not cheap but some of their dishes are easily shared by two. They have nice cocktails Cheers . they have an enclosed outdoor seating in the back.

naomi2

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:11 pm
The quietest restaurant I've been to is Abigael's in Manhattan. Almost every other restaurant or eatery has very loud music and/ or diners.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:30 pm
naomi2 wrote:
The quietest restaurant I've been to is Abigael's in Manhattan. Almost every other restaurant or eatery has very loud music and/ or diners.

Agree with this, which is why it's our repeated favorite

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 8:47 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I don't know what to compare it to but mozzarrella on troy ave is very nice. I've gone there during the day with dh. Dairy. Food is great. Service is great. Not cheap but some of their dishes are easily shared by two. They have nice cocktails Cheers . they have an enclosed outdoor seating in the back.

I love mozzarella. Generally not loud at all, delicious food with great portions, great service

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:41 pm
Bouef is SO good and Decently price. Consistent fave. Not at all a quiet intimate evening though.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 11:01 pm
Cafe renaissance is Flatbush is beautiful and sooo good!

U said Brooklyn is ok so gonna recommend Glatt ala carte. Ask for seating on the left side it’s very nice and intimate.

Pescada steakhouse is also very good. I was there on a quiet night. I think the poster above that said about the high school lunchroom meant the dairy place.

Berdoux steakhouse (not sure If I spelled correctly) also a great choice. But for me and my hub, since we don’t go often and prefer quiet over anything Glatt ala carte usually wins

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:08 am
I like Basil...nice vibe with soft jazz playing in background. Excellent food too (dairy).
Mozarrella has great food and nice atmosphere as well.

Cafe Paris in Boro Park is VERY quiet, healthy good dairy food.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:08 am
I like Basil...nice vibe with soft jazz playing in background. Excellent food too (dairy).
Mozarrella has great food and nice atmosphere as well.

Cafe Paris in Boro Park is VERY quiet, healthy good dairy food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries