Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wearing different colors of wig
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:34 pm
What do you think of women who have several wigs, all in different colors?

hodeez

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:34 pm
What do you think?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:35 pm
I think it's fun, but can be confusing for non-Jews and others who may not be aware that it's a wig.

nicole81

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:35 pm
I quite like myself.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:36 pm
Do you mean like me, with my blonde wigs and my oxidized-to-the-point-of-a-redhead wigs? LOL

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 6:57 pm
I think blonds have the hardest time in this area, just to help everyone be dlk. I recently dyed an older shaitel for $200, came out too dark without enough highlights. Still looks great on me, can't afford to do anything else to it, so I wear it. My other weekday shaitel is oxidized so orange that people refer to me as a red head in it, but it is too old to be worth investing in coloring it..... Compare to my Shabbos shaitel, which is rooted with dramatic blond highlights, I must look to some people like I have a hair color identity crisis! What's a blond shaitel wearer to do? I totally do NOT want to be one of those people that has fun wearing a bunch of shaitels in all different colors (although if that's your personality, then rock it!), but again, what am I supposed to do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:00 pm
Just curious: What does purple shampoo do to an oxidized blond wig? Does it end up darkening it?

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:09 pm
I could say I’d think the person had an identity issue and hasn’t yet found herself. I could say I think the person is trying to get attention. I could say I think the person has a great sense of fun or likes messing with the inside of people’s heads by messing with the outside of hers.

But frankly, I have a lot better things to think about, and so should you. If you want to change hair color every time you change your blouse, go ahead. But if your friends and neighbors don’t greet you, you’ll know who’s at fault. Hint: not the friends and neighbors.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:12 pm
I have fun with my sheitels. I like trying different styles and colors and lengths. Most of it is fueled by my attempts to enjoy any aspect of this mitzvah. It's a very hard mitzvah for me, so anything that brings a drop of excitement and happiness to it, I'll try. I've clipped in rainbow hair extensions before, I've tried a whole bunch of things. I'm still searching...

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just curious: What does purple shampoo do to an oxidized blond wig? Does it end up darkening it?

Removes the yellowness from blonde making it more ashy looking.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No. It kicks the brass out of oxidized hair. But since wigs are so processed, it barely works

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:44 pm
My non-Jewish coworker has different hair every day. One day it is long blonde and all the way down her back. One day it is corn rows, one day short orange kinky curls, one day a black thick high wrapped ponytail, and occasionally something dark and professional looking.
Mind you, she is in her 60s.

When you said a wig looking different, I thought you meant that. Not like mine where one is 2 inches longer than the other, one is oxidized -badly in need of dye, and one was dyed-but over-dyed.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:50 pm
I have curly wigs for the rain, short wigs for sports, hat sheitals to run out in, pony wigs for when I want to work seriously, glamorous wigs for date nights, more conservative glamour wigs for simchas.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 1:50 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I think blonds have the hardest time in this area, just to help everyone be dlk. I recently dyed an older shaitel for $200, came out too dark without enough highlights. Still looks great on me, can't afford to do anything else to it, so I wear it. My other weekday shaitel is oxidized so orange that people refer to me as a red head in it, but it is too old to be worth investing in coloring it..... Compare to my Shabbos shaitel, which is rooted with dramatic blond highlights, I must look to some people like I have a hair color identity crisis! What's a blond shaitel wearer to do? I totally do NOT want to be one of those people that has fun wearing a bunch of shaitels in all different colors (although if that's your personality, then rock it!), but again, what am I supposed to do?

I can totally relate! Every Sheitel is a different color! Blond, red, brunette 😂

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 1:52 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

Btw, love your amother color!

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 2:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you think of women who have several wigs, all in different colors?

I must admit I don't think about this topic at all.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 4:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think it's fun, but can be confusing for non-Jews and others who may not be aware that it's a wig.

Yup. I do anyway because I live for my family

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 8:26 am
MiriFr wrote:
Do you mean like me, with my blonde wigs and my oxidized-to-the-point-of-a-redhead wigs? LOL

Last year we were walking back from shul from my nephews aufruf. I was ahead of my sister and her future machatanim. I overheard my sister tell her that I am her sister, the one in the blonde sheital. She didn’t know who she was talking about until she asked, you mean the redhead? I colored my sheital when I got home. LOL

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:29 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Btw, love your amother color!

Lol, just noticed that!!

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:48 pm
I think it's fun. I don't see why anyone else would have a problem with it? I am not trying to hide the fact that I wear a wig, so ... no issue there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics