Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Poops anywhere BUT our toilet

Rappel

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 11:16 am
Taking deep breaths. Many, many deep breaths.

Had anyone else been through this at the start of preschool? I just need to know that it will pass. TMI

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 12:07 pm
Sooooo normal. This too shall pass.

Just keep telling yourself, he won't be doing it under the chuppah.

Rappel

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 12:13 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Sooooo normal. This too shall pass.

Just keep telling yourself, he won't be doing it under the chuppah.

Thank you! It's just really hard for me, especially #2. He trained months ago, and I thought this was in the past... But it seems not. He is absolutely expressing his stress about the transition to gan through his poop snobbery, but that knowledge doesn't make it any easier to resolve.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 12:17 pm
Hug Hug Hug

LOL, I guessed that you were talking about a boy. This is such a "guy thing", girls are way more fastidious about poop (in general, not always).

Treats for going in the potty, total silence and ignoring for the rest. Don't clean up while he's watching, if you can help it. If he sees you cleaning, that will reinforce that you are his maid. On the other hand, don't have him clean it up. Lots of positive reinforcement for the good, ignore the bad.

Try asking him if he wants to go back to a diaper. He may say yes, and he may be wanting "to be a baby again" because that felt safer than being a big boy. He may actually need a diaper for a month or two, until he adjusts to the new routine. That's OK, too, as long as he doesn't make the gannanet deal with it.

Rappel

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 2:11 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Hug Hug Hug

LOL, I guessed that you were talking about a boy. This is such a "guy thing", girls are way more fastidious about poop (in general, not always).

Treats for going in the potty, total silence and ignoring for the rest. Don't clean up while he's watching, if you can help it. If he sees you cleaning, that will reinforce that you are his maid. On the other hand, don't have him clean it up. Lots of positive reinforcement for the good, ignore the bad.

Try asking him if he wants to go back to a diaper. He may say yes, and he may be wanting "to be a baby again" because that felt safer than being a big boy. He may actually need a diaper for a month or two, until he adjusts to the new routine. That's OK, too, as long as he doesn't make the gannanet deal with it.

Aye. He's been insisting on bringing his toilet seat from home to gan every day, and wants to carry it around like a teddy bear! (There I draw the line. He can leave it in a bag in gan until he needs to use it.) Until Thursday, he's been pooping every day in our yard. Friday, he finally pooped in gan, and everyone was pleased. This morning, I woke up to a stinky whopper on the bathroom floor. When I asked him about it, he explained that he only poops in the gan toilet.
Banging head

He gets a chocolate chip if he poops in the toilet. He also gets to clean the toilet, which is something which fascinates him. We've been working a lot on taking responsibility for our own messes, so when I saw the poop on the floor, (this is going to sound terrible out of context) I asked him to clean it up and put it in the toilet. He seemed to think it was a reasonable request, and afterward I let him clean the toilet, while I scrubbed the floor, and then gave him a bath. We talked about how cool it is to use the toilet seat that his grandpa got for him, and how he can use it on any toilet, also at home, and I left it at that.

Tomorrow is a new day. Please, please, let this now be in the past! Easily the worst part of parenting is the POOP.

renslet

Post Sat, Sep 14 2019, 4:47 pm
So mine happened after the new baby, took over two months but I think he's past it now. He never made on the floor, always in his underwear and the laundry was disgusting and stank!!
I thought it would go on forever but I kept reminding myself, "this too will pass"!

Rappel

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 3:40 am
renslet wrote:
So mine happened after the new baby, took over two months but I think he's past it now. He never made on the floor, always in his underwear and the laundry was disgusting and stank!!
I thought it would go on forever but I kept reminding myself, "this too will pass"!

You're an inspiration

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 3:27 pm
I heard the following helps:
Twice a day have them sit on the toilet for 15 minutes even if they don’t have to go
And keep it relaxed and positive.
(Stickers, books.. they should be happy sitting there)
Problem is gone after 4-5 days.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 1:31 am
You take their hand with paper and make them clean. Unless c'v they were sick
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers