Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need cheap place to stay in Israel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 7:13 am
Or free.
This is a last minute trip and the people I was hoping to stay buy can't host me. I'm landing Friday morning with no place to go. I have people looking, but figured I should try here too.

Anybody know of any chessed apartments, or very inexpensive places to stay in the yerushalayim area? Preferably close to Matesdorf or har nof. I will be in Israel for just over a week. Need a place from friday to friday (I'm hoping to find a place for next shabbos).

rivkam

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 9:08 am
You can look on Airbnb or booking.com for apartments to rent out. I'm not sure how much your going to find in har nof but you can definitely find in the city center or areas like katamon.

flmommy

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 10:46 am
There are hostel. I don’t know names off hand.

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:18 pm
Hostels may be cheap, but highly unlikely to be near Mattersdorf or Har Nof. Just make sure they're safe and nowhere near Arab neighborhoods.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Nov 18 2019, 12:40 pm
flmommy wrote:
There are hostel. I don’t know names off hand.

Here's a list. They are in the center of Jerusalem or in the Old City, none of them are near Har Nof or Mattersdorf except for one (Allenby #2) that is near the Central Bus Station which a map site says is 15 minutes on foot from Mattersdorf. I don't have any personal experience with any of them.

http://www.hostels.com/jerusalem/israel

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 4:19 am
Cheap is generally unbearable low quality

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 5:47 am
Chessed apartments are usually reserved for family members of a sick patient and the like...
If someone is merely taking a trip to Israel, there really is no place to stay for free unless you actually know someone who invites you.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 5:56 am
imasoftov wrote:
Here's a list. They are in the center of Jerusalem or in the Old City, none of them are near Har Nof or Mattersdorf except for one (Allenby #2) that is near the Central Bus Station which a map site says is 15 minutes on foot from Mattersdorf. I don't have any personal experience with any of them.

http://www.hostels.com/jerusalem/israel

Many of these hostels are Arab hostels not in Jewish areas and/or are non-kosher establishments.

I can only recommend the Israel Youth Hostel Association hostels: In Jerusalem, there is one (Agron) very close to the Kings Hotel and one (Rabin) close to the Israel Museum. The former is better positioned for bus and light rail travel, which may be a way to get you to the neighborhoods you need. It is also near a supermarket.

https://www.iyha.org.il/en/hos.....tels/

The rooms are simple, but clean, and you can get a private room (it's not a huge dormitory stuffed with rows and rows of beds). They serve a kosher breakfast. If you require a very specific hecsher, that might not work for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics