Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DS6 up several times during the night

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 8:59 am
I have an appt with his doctor but in the meantime wondering if anyone has experienced this. DS has always been an early riser and my only kid that asks to go to sleep. Lately he’s also been waking up during the night. I don’t know exactly how often bec he doesn’t always leave his bed but I would say average 2-3 times a night. He doesn’t seem tired in the morning or during the day but he’s been acting out and more hyper. I know lack of sleep can lead to that but I don’t know how to help him when it’s not falling asleep that’s the issue.
Sleep apnea does run in our families but he doesn’t snore so I never considered it for him. Can you get a sleep study on such a young kid?

oneofakind

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:01 am
Check for pinworms in middle of the night.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:50 am
Definitely check for pinworms

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:20 am
Could a kid have pin worms with no itching at all?

Miri1

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:38 am
Yep, lots of people don't know they have it.

bnm

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have an appt with his doctor but in the meantime wondering if anyone has experienced this. DS has always been an early riser and my only kid that asks to go to sleep. Lately he’s also been waking up during the night. I don’t know exactly how often bec he doesn’t always leave his bed but I would say average 2-3 times a night. He doesn’t seem tired in the morning or during the day but he’s been acting out and more hyper. I know lack of sleep can lead to that but I don’t know how to help him when it’s not falling asleep that’s the issue.
Sleep apnea does run in our families but he doesn’t snore so I never considered it for him. Can you get a sleep study on such a young kid?

my kids had sleep studies at an earlier age.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics