Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Wow....Boruch Shelo Asani....
Previous  1  2

tilot37354

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:26 am
PinkFridge wrote:
What I thought tzelem Elokim means is that we have a point that gravitates to chesed, just as Hashem is fully chesed. I don't talk Darwin in discussing the human psyche.

Darwin is all about survival of the fittest and natural selection process elimination of the weaker and inferior for the optimal evolution of the master race. The Nazis (very cultured, very animalistic) were anti and tried to kill anyone they considered to be of inferior stock- Jews, gypsies, the mentally feeble, ect. Sedom was turned over for being the Darwin capital of the world-doing non reciprocal chesed was illegal, period. Giving tzedaka and enabling the survival of the weaker instead of allowing natural selection to reduce the breeding stock to the fittest the way it happens in the animal world was punishable by death in Sedom, the atheistic evolutionary Darwin followers. Hashem turned it over. In fact, and time you have an opportunity to help someone in a mannerism that costs you nothing (zeh nehneh vzeh lo chaser) and you refuse to, we call that middas sedom. Every GoFundMe you see raising money for someone in Kansas who can't afford cancer treatments or for an earthquake in San Juan is another proof that Darwin was wrong, and humans have an innate altruistic desire that evolution cannot explain and in fact goes contrary to the theory.

I believe most religions that are monotheistic/Abrahamic derivatives have a concept of charity. Christians have a commandment to tithe too, as are Muslims supposed to give zakat. I don't know about the far Eastern religions, although I do know Buddhism idealizes generosity and kindness.

tilot37354

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:28 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So its going to be different BECAUSE its a commandment for jews. Thats all. God people in this world help others, full stop.

I hate how on this site, in order to lift up the jews, people feel like they have to put down non jews. Nope nope nope. Not how it should be at all.

Freudian typo?

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:28 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/let-the-baby-die-sign-attacks-dad-disabled-son-214738884.html

just this summer a very sick baby , 2 million was raised in a week

A Lakewood lady that lost 10k raised it in 2 days

There are countless people on this website that are helped

Whenever we get angry at the flaws in our community

Read this article...

Thanks for posting this! Mi Keamcha Yisroel! G oi Echad Baaretz

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:30 am
tilot37354 wrote:
Darwin is all about survival of the fittest and natural selection process elimination of the weaker and inferior for the optimal evolution of the master race. The Nazis (very cultured, very animalistic) were anti and tried to kill anyone they considered to be of inferior stock- Jews, gypsies, the mentally feeble, ect. Sedom was turned over for being the Darwin capital of the world-doing non reciprocal chesed was illegal, period. Giving tzedaka and enabling the survival of the weaker instead of allowing natural selection to reduce the breeding stock to the fittest the way it happens in the animal world was punishable by death in Sedom, the atheistic evolutionary Darwin followers. Hashem turned it over. In fact, and time you have an opportunity to help someone in a mannerism that costs you nothing (zeh nehneh vzeh lo chaser) and you refuse to, we call that middas sedom. Every GoFundMe you see raising money for someone in Kansas who can't afford cancer treatments or for an earthquake in San Juan is another proof that Darwin was wrong, and humans have an innate altruistic desire that evolution cannot explain and in fact goes contrary to the theory.

I believe most religions that are monotheistic/Abrahamic derivatives have a concept of charity. Christians have a commandment to tithe too, as are Muslims supposed to give zakat. I don't know about the far Eastern religions, although I do know Buddhism idealizes generosity and kindness.

My point is, I don't look to Darwin's theories to understand how my psyche works.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:32 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/let-the-baby-die-sign-attacks-dad-disabled-son-214738884.html

just this summer a very sick baby , 2 million was raised in a week

A Lakewood lady that lost 10k raised it in 2 days

There are countless people on this website that are helped

Whenever we get angry at the flaws in our community

Read this article...

I too read that this morning and was appalled. It’s true: Mi k’Amcha Yisroel! (But I’m sure there’ll soon be people here commenting about how we are not in fact in any way superior to non Jews). Being G-d’s chosen is no small thing, and it’s not for no reason... I’m proud and grateful to be a Jew!

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:00 pm
tilot37354 wrote:
Darwin is all about survival of the fittest and natural selection process elimination of the weaker and inferior for the optimal evolution of the master race.

Not really. People with those beliefs built upon Darwin's theories, but Darwin's own work is about hypothesized facts, not ideologies.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:04 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I realize that we need to be very sensitive. And yeah, going forward you all can be sure that people will post mi keamcha instead of shelo asani.

But I hope that you all can say that bracha, and Aleinu (shelo asanu k'goyei ha'aratzos) with a full heart, and gratitude that we are so much closer, under the direct aegis of Hashem, vs. a sar, with the rich and pure spiritual DNA we have all been bequeathed.

Please speak for yourself. Some of us don't abandon our principles to please liberal posters on this board.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:20 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Please speak for yourself. Some of us don't abandon our principles to please liberal posters on this board.

How does writing "Mi k’Amcha" mean abandoning your principals?

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:24 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Go girl!

tilot37354

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:55 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Not really. People with those beliefs built upon Darwin's theories, but Darwin's own work is about hypothesized facts, not ideologies.

No need to discuss Darwin and the big bang (as there supposition of a pre-existing energy source obviates the usefulness of what it was coming to explain in terms of universal origin, and any study of quantum physics and cosmology points definitively to the metaphysical regardless, all mathematical calculations of the astronomical unlikelihood of homo sapiens and our universe in general with what we know of it coming to be over time by evolving micro mutations and natural selection aside), but the "hypothesized facts" that humanity as we see it today with all of its features and tendencies are those that developed over time to aid the survival of the species and eliminated those which are useless would point away from altruism and aiding the unfortunate. One would be pressed to say that this tendency is a mutation of the instinct to care for helpless progeny until they are capably independent, but the reality is that a study of the animal kingdom would show this instinct to be true largely exclusively among humans.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 12:57 pm
tilot37354 wrote:
No need to discuss Darwin and the big bang...

Yours is the first mention of the Big Bang on this thread.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics