Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Breast

mc

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:17 am
ISO recipe that can be made ahead and reheated to serve a crowd that isn't super sugary/unhealthy but is moist and would appeal to both health conscious and non-health conscious people. I'd be starting with the bags of Costco pre-frozen white meat.

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:41 am
I don’t have a recipe for you but since I never went to Costco I’m curious. What hechsher is on the bags of chicken?

By the way, frying with a lot of oil will keep the chicken moist. If you want an easy schnitzel recipe I can give you one.
I just remembered, there’s also sesame chicken that would remain moist!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:54 am
Not overcooking keeps it moist. I use my sous vide at 145 and then finish quickly in oven.

mc

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:30 am
lkwdlady - Our Costco has 2 lb. bags of boneless breast pieces iQF.

Thanks, but I don't want to fry the chicken. Need no frills, easy, relatively healthy,"forgiving" chicken recipe :-) Don't have a sous vide either.

cholentfan1

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:49 am
I find marinating in lemon juice makes it really moist and adds to the flavor.
Are you working with full fillets or are you cutting them up?
I did the other week for guests a tomato dish-it's basically passata, with some honey and spices and I add veg to the original recipe to make it seem more substantial.
Basically any recipe with sauce will keep the chicken moist. There's a nice pineapple one that I had by someone once. Sweet and sour is always good but might not be healthy enough. Sesame is also good-looks more interesting for those who think shnitzel blah.
coating them in honey, then adding spiced breadcrumbs is delicious but has to be fresh.
ETA: All of these are just pour over then stick in oven

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:00 am
I have a great recipe, but it contains brown sugar. I took the oil and salt out of the recipe. It is healthier that way. You can cut down on sugar. It's not a sauce. Reheats beautifully even after days in the fridge. People who don't like chicken breasts love this one. It's moist and tasty. Most important is that it is easy.

Chicken is cooked high and fast.

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:01 am
mc wrote:
ISO recipe that can be made ahead and reheated to serve a crowd that isn't super sugary/unhealthy but is moist and would appeal to both health conscious and non-health conscious people. I'd be starting with the bags of Costco pre-frozen white meat.

What's pre- frozen white meat? Is it chunks or cutlets off the bone?

watergirl

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:13 am
My family loves this recipe and I made it in advance for YT - it was a bit soggy but still delicious. The recipe says to fry the chicken for a short time to get the breading to stick but if you have an extra 10 mins, you can do that part in the oven and skip the oil/frying. This is a new go-to for me.

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-6642

watergirl

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:17 am
Another thing I do with boneless skinless chicken breasts is fajitas.

Slice the chicken into strips and put aside.
Slice onion, peppers, and mushrooms into strips.
Saute the onion until just starting to become translucent. Add the chicken and saute until mostly done. Then add the vegetable. Season liberally with Ortega TACO seasoning (not fajita seasoning in my house, we dont like that flavor). Make sure the chicken is just done - do not overcook it. I serve it in wraps with Spanish rice, and yes, it reheats beautifully.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:43 am
lkwdlady wrote:
I don’t have a recipe for you but since I never went to Costco I’m curious. What hechsher is on the bags of chicken?

By the way, frying with a lot of oil will keep the chicken moist. If you want an easy schnitzel recipe I can give you one.
I just remembered, there’s also sesame chicken that would remain moist!

I assume it's Empire-- I believe that is the brand of kosher chicken Costco sells

mc

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:24 am
Thanks all for the ideas -
Squishy - Can you give the recipe?
Watergirl- Fajita's sound interesting..
Cholentfan - Do you have a specific recipe wiht lemon juice marinade?

And yes- it's Empire brand, big cutlets off the bone. There are 3-5 cutlets in the 2 lb. bag so they're pretty large.

SleepingBeauty

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:43 pm
Squishy wrote:
I have a great recipe, but it contains brown sugar. I took the oil and salt out of the recipe. It is healthier that way. You can cut down on sugar. It's not a sauce. Reheats beautifully even after days in the fridge. People who don't like chicken breasts love this one. It's moist and tasty. Most important is that it is easy.

Chicken is cooked high and fast.

could you share the recipe please?
though I really cant have sugar, yikes

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 3:05 pm
SleepingBeauty wrote:
could you share the recipe please?
though I really cant have sugar, yikes

You can mix Splenda with a drop of dissolved coffee for the brown sugar flavor

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:23 pm
Sorry. I was out of my house today.

4 - 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp brown sugar packed
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp salt substitute
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
PAM

Mix spices and sugar. Spray cutlets with PAM. Sprinkle spices and sugar on top. Spread some on the bottom.

Bake 425° For 20 minutes. If they are larger, then increase the time. If you cut and pound the chicken breasts - 8 to 10 minutes.

The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of oil. I cut that out, and it's still delicious. You don't need the oil, and it's still moist and tasty. You can use 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper each instead of salt substitute.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 5:15 pm
Squishy wrote:
Sorry. I was out of my house today.

4 - 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp brown sugar packed
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp salt substitute
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
PAM

Mix spices and sugar. Spray cutlets with PAM. Sprinkle spices and sugar on top. Spread some on the bottom.

Bake 425° For 20 minutes. If they are larger, then increase the time. If you cut and pound the chicken breasts - 8 to 10 minutes.

The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of oil. I cut that out, and it's still delicious. You don't need the oil, and it's still moist and tasty. You can use 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper each instead of salt substitute.

Squishy, just wanted to give this a shout out - it was delicious! 😋

avrahamama

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 6:06 pm
I roll the chicken breasts with a pesto stuffing and bake. Pesto is just cilantro, garlic, walnuts, salt and olive oil I'm food processor.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 6:27 pm
What about a traditional pepper steak recipe made with chicken?
Thinking onions chicken peppers mushrooms a tomato etc
Or I put chicken and potatoes with a cut up onion, fresh parsley salt n pepper in my croc pot for all day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey