Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How can I stop and relieve molluscum?
1  2  Next

mommyW

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 9:54 pm
My kids have been passing molluscum between themselves. First my oldest son then my daughter and now my second son got it. But for him it's worse. It's on and around his private parts and is painful. He keeps on complaining about it and I can see that it's real bright red. Dr said nothing to do just to wait for it to fall off alone. Any of you have any experience with this issue? Anything that relieves the pain or makes it heal quick?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:44 pm
Bathe with Hibiclens. It's an antiseptic wash that helps clear the skin & stop the spread

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:48 pm
I heard of using apple cider vinegar with the mother dab it on twice a day

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:50 pm
My kids molloscum got all red/purple, awful looking and painful...I put bandaids with mupirocin on them twice a day...they slowly drained and healed. Interestingly, one of my kids was on antibiotics for strep and it seemed to have cleared up the infected molliscom as well. Maybe take him to a dr to see if he can use an antibiotic

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:54 pm
See a dermatologist.
Molluscum can trigger eczema in some kids (my son also had it in that area).
I had two basic principles - one was to always keep it covered - this way he wasn't passing them back and forth from one leg to the other.
The other was to make sure to bathe the molluscum kid last (or clean the bathtub reallly well). My doc said by the next day the bathe tub would be fine.

There is something the dermatologist put on the molluscum that triggers them to develop and heal quicker. She didn't apply it to any molluscum in the genital area, but I wonder if applying it to the others might have some affect on all of them. (ie does it jump start an overall immune response to get rid of the warts?) Worth asking.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 10:59 pm
Dr. Weiss Flatbush. Highly recommend!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:05 pm
We used zymaderm recommended by our pediatrician. Worked wonders. You can get it on amazon and just dab on the spots twice a day.

sarahmalka

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:13 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
We used zymaderm recommended by our pediatrician. Worked wonders. You can get it on amazon and just dab on the spots twice a day.

I used zymaderm too, successfully. Not sure about applying near genitals though, the instructions would surely say if ok. I also used another technique of putting duct tape over just a small cluster of the lesions and that made all the lesions start to shrink. The duct tape started to cause dermatitis though (kid has sensitive skin) so I had to stop but it was working for sure.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:26 pm
Thuja 30c homeopathy 2-3x daily for 2-3 weeks. Started going down for us by 2 weeks. stopped at 3 weeks when I was sure it was working and then took some more time to go away (didnt continue the remedy because once its working, the body rids it itself)

mommyW

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:56 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
how long did it take from when you started using this product until you started seeing a difference?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:00 am
We tried everything some went away but we weren't fully rid of it for 3 years. It takes 1.5- 3 years to be done.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:11 am
Bathe with tea tree oil soap or dab with tea tree oil each day.
Worked on my kids in less than two weeks and hasn't recurred.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:19 am
mommyW wrote:
how long did it take from when you started using this product until you started seeing a difference?

I don’t remember exactly but it was not long. I would say a week or two and by six - eight weeks was fully gone and has not reoccurred BH.

debbie321

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 5:46 am
Try keeping molloscum covered. After using creams( sone burned, some stank) I did daily baths with epsom salt, used a new towel for child rvery bath and put in hamper after so wont share germs( thats how child got it) and covered molliscum in vaseline every night...helped tremendously

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 6:17 am
A friend of mine had a lot of luck with putting a tablespoon or two of bleach in the bathwater, and letting the kids take their time soaking in it.

Make sure that your kids know not to drink the bath water!

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:35 pm
After my daughter's finally went away she was left with gaps in her skin. It's awful. Not sure why Dr's are so into the wait it out method... Gotta be better ways

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:50 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Bathe with Hibiclens. It's an antiseptic wash that helps clear the skin & stop the spread

can I put this into the water?

mamallama

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 1:42 pm
This is so difficult to get rid of!
Here are some tips:
- Don't bathe kids together to prevent spreading
- Be careful with sharing towels
- Use tea tree oil bar soap
- I found that switching from baths to showers for my toddler was helpful
This is a long process (took over a yr to fully clear up). Pediatrician said do nothing, and dermatologist said they can remove them but can leave scarring, so we chose not to remove them. Good luck!

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:12 pm
Dead sea mud

baltomom

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:38 pm
My pediatrician suggested putting masking tape on molluscum for as many hours a day as possible. After a couple of weeks they start getting irritated and then go away. This has worked for a few of my kids. Even if we only covered a few of the larger molluscum it somehow triggered an immune response and all of them disappeared. This is easier to do on areas other than private areas, but if there are a couple on the leg or abdomen, say, you can try putting masking tape on those and see if it helps.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics