Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What do you sell on Amazon

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:27 am
Looking for ideas. Desperate for a job and have all day to devote to this. Just need ideas of what to sell. Please help

baby12x

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:40 am
You should to get a job with a salary.
Selling things on Amazon is a risky business.
Yea, there are people who do very well with it. There are just as many who don't and invest money that gets lost.

This is especially true if you don't know what to sell and are just looking to sell "something".

See if you can find someone who already sells on amazon and be their secretary.
Or find a different job

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:53 am
There are good courses on this. Http://thesellingfamily.com

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:03 am
There's even a chance to buy into bolomart which gives you multiple leads per month of buy low sell high items. And there are indo courses on how to get ungated into the more restrictive categories.

leah233

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:08 am
I don't really sell anything on Amazon and I'm not recommending that you do so but I know plenty of people who made fortunes selling on Amazon. Here are some ideas
Find an item that you are familiar with that has a constant turnover and see how much it sells for on Amazon. Then
(1)buy that item wholesale on a site like alibaba to resell
https://www.alibaba.com/
(I'm not recommending that site either)
or
(2)See how much things cost in box stores like Staples, Walmart, BJs etc.If they are selling for more on amazon, take orders and then run out and buy them when they sell. Sometimes you can even drop ship
or
(3)Go to trade shows in places like the Javits center. Find some guy selling closeouts and see how much you could sell them for retail on Amazon
or
(4)look or advertise in the newspapers for consignments stuff to resell
or
(5)call up a place like Artscroll and see how much markup retailers have or their books and see if you can profit on Amazon selling them
or
(5)put a bunch of random commonly sold items on Amazon for heavy marked up prices. If you have mazal and for some reason someone buys them from you, quickly buy it to ship to them
As above I'm not recommending any of the above and I personally don't really sell on Amazon. I've seen people be successful with the above so I'm giving you half baked ideas
Hatzlacha

Last edited by leah233 on Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:11 am
If you are really serious about selling on Amazon, you should get info. from someone who's doing it right now. There are a lot of frum people in the business, if you know someone perhaps they can give you some tips.

You have to get the products but you also have to know how to sell it in a way that actually makes money. It's not as simple as it sounds.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:41 pm
Books
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics