Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Don't have a school?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:42 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
But by of ocean county has tons of slots.

As a former AT parent, I’d like to clarify that BYOC was/is not an option for everyone. They are in 2 temporary buildings (my 2 girls would need to be driven to different places at the same time). The classrooms are small and cramped which makes it especially hard for many girls. When school started, a lot of details/services were not in place/available and the communication about them was very unclear.
We discussed the situation with our Rav and our girls are currently in Melamed Academy. We have other girls who come to our house daily to join them. They are learning well and seem quite happy. (One of them actually started out in BYOC and left).
Many of the AT girls did not go to BYOC for a number of valid (and invalid) reasons. Some are in other schools & some are still looking. I was told that BYOC actually turned away some of the AT girls. I’m not sure what school took in a full class from AT, I haven’t heard about that. Some schools did take a few girls, but none that I heard of, took more than that.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 5:31 am
Hence why I asked which school.. Seems a bit wary there's a school out there that did such an amazing thing like that and hasn't been praised.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 5:56 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
As a former AT parent, I’d like to clarify that BYOC was/is not an option for everyone. They are in 2 temporary buildings (my 2 girls would need to be driven to different places at the same time). The classrooms are small and cramped which makes it especially hard for many girls. When school started, a lot of details/services were not in place/available and the communication about them was very unclear.
We discussed the situation with our Rav and our girls are currently in Melamed Academy. We have other girls who come to our house daily to join them. They are learning well and seem quite happy. (One of them actually started out in BYOC and left).
Many of the AT girls did not go to BYOC for a number of valid (and invalid) reasons. Some are in other schools & some are still looking. I was told that BYOC actually turned away some of the AT girls. I’m not sure what school took in a full class from AT, I haven’t heard about that. Some schools did take a few girls, but none that I heard of, took more than that.

I love it! I am happy for you that you are resourceful.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries