Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Shabbos Bnos in Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:38 am
I grew up OOT and live in Boro Park now. When I was in elementary school and high school, Bnos on Shabbos afternoon played a big part in our lives during the school year. I went for years almost every week, and became a leader in high school.

I think it's such a nice opportunity for girls to socialize on Shabbos afternoon specifically with girls not from their class/ school.

I haven't heard of such a Bnos program here. In BP it seems some of the chassidish schools have their own Bnos programs in their school buildings- isn't that defeating some of the purpose, to get to know other frum girls in the neighborhood? And my girls' school apparently doesn't have any program- is there a general Bnos program throughout BP that I just don't know about? Any insights?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:40 am
Last year Bnos was in the Living Torah Museum on 16th Ave. Call Agudah for exact details or check out your schools weekly newsletter.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Last year Bnos was in the Living Torah Museum on 16th Ave. Call Agudah for exact details or check out your schools weekly newsletter.

Do girls actually attend this Bnos? Are there Bnos branches in each neighborhood?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 23 2021, 1:12 pm
There is a branch in BP and another in Flatbush.
Agudah has a list of other neighborhoods.
Girls really go. But usually just the little kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics