Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ADHD parents please help!!!! Guanfacine for ADHD
Previous  1  2

Surrendered

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:19 pm
I have 3 kids with ADHD. In addition to their Adderall or Ritalin, they take Guanfacine (Intunive)- for Impulsivity.

I used to be very against medicating my children and tried Every natural alternative.
To spare all details of what I've tried, you name it, I've tried it!!! I saw no real change.

Before giving meds, I felt like the worst mother ever. Without these candies, I feel like I'm losing my sanity. They were unmanageable.
Thank you Hashem for this invention. Now our house is a happy calm fun place to be in.
There's a time for everything!
(Forget about how they behave before meds in the morning or in the evening after it wears off... OMG).
The suppressed appetite is not as terrible as their behavior.
You need to sometimes go beyond your comfort zone to give your child a better life.

SHS

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:41 pm
I know that children under the age of 6/7 you don't really give meds yet. Please check this out!

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 4:47 pm
SHS wrote:
I know that children under the age of 6/7 you don't really give meds yet. Please check this out!

This is completely incorrect. Many kids start younger, depends on severity. My son started at age 5...

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 5:17 pm
please read this book before putting your child on meds https://www.amazon.com/Finally.....r=8-3

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 6:58 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
This is completely incorrect. Many kids start younger, depends on severity. My son started at age 5...

Certain medications are controlled substances and pharmacies cannot fill a prescription for children under the age of 6.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 2:49 am
this is a side post but does anyone on here no how to get guanfacine in israel

we only found from a private pharmacy that costs over 800 shekel a month
is there anohter way to get it or another name for it?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)