Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Future in Brooklyn?
Previous  1  2

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:34 pm
If chas v shalom mashiach doesn't come soon, :from everything I speak to , Marine Park sounds very nice.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:36 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
If chas v shalom mashiach doesn't come soon, :from everything I speak to , Marine Park sounds very nice.

We went to check it out and while some of it looks nice, there doesn't seem to be any reasonable transportation to the city where prices are still good. Why live in Brooklyn if you are far from schools family and jobs?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:37 pm
I hope no one stones me... but 150 pretax isn’t so much for Brooklyn. Many people who are moving into/ staying in Brooklyn, are making a lot more than that.
We’re at about that (same age) living in Monsey, and I think that’s pretty average/ standard.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:39 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
200+ is feasible, but is it worth it? When you can get a nicer/larger home, with open space and an eiruv elsewhere? Wondering myself...

I know what I’m doing to say is very unpopular but having a house isn’t everything. There’s more to the equation here.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:36 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I know what I’m doing to say is very unpopular but having a house isn’t everything. There’s more to the equation here.

Absolutely more to the equation. A whole lot more. It just makes a lot of couples pause and think when they check Zillow and see an 800k home in Brooklyn vs what you get in monsey/toms river/north woodmere...
If it makes sense to stay in Brooklyn for more compelling reasons then that makes sense, If there’s no specific draw to live here most would move out.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:42 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

As someone 60+ y.o., I can tell you whoever could have bought a house somewhere decent, even not the ideal, and didnt , regretted it terribly.

professor

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:22 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Are the young people there mostly chassidish? Or depends which area?

I know some very young MO families living there. I know some young yeshivish families live there too. A lot of chassidish families started moving os lately but it's been a well established jewish community for years

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:44 am
I'm in my mid 20s and just bought a house in Flatbush. It's 3 bedrooms with a shared driveway and I can always add more bedrooms in the basement (which has windows) there are a quite a few families with little kids on my block.

I'm in the I - L higher 20s area.

I think because of the proximity to the city, and the existing structure here, it will not die out so fast. Young people do still live here! Maybe not as many as move away but enough to have a nice community.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:45 am
Double post

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:50 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I'm in my mid 20s and just bought a house in Flatbush. It's 3 bedrooms with a shared driveway and I can always add more bedrooms in the basement (which has windows) there are a quite a few families with little kids on my block.

I'm in the I - L higher 20s area.

I think because of the proximity to the city, and the existing structure here, it will not die out so fast. Young people do still live here! Maybe not as many as move away but enough to have a nice community.

Shared as in you take turns using it? Or both pull cars into the back?

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:55 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Shared as in you take turns using it? Or both pull cars into the back?

We actually both use it Smile
Theoretically you can pull into the backyard but we do that one person parks in the driveway and the other blocks it.
Yes, it is annoying sometimes at night to have to swap the cars around but I wouldn't have had a better situation in any apartments that I saw.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 10:06 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
We actually both use it Smile
Theoretically you can pull into the backyard but we do that one person parks in the driveway and the other blocks it.
Yes, it is annoying sometimes at night to have to swap the cars around but I wouldn't have had a better situation in any apartments that I saw.

Oh my, good luck.
My next door neighbor shares a driveway with the house after her. They both have teens and I literally see them knocking on each other's doors at all hours (early morning, late night), to move the car so the other can get out.
I always say that a shared driveway helps one develop his middos...

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 12:18 pm
Bump
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating