Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Mikveh “partner” 9th month

dovebird

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 7:17 pm
My friend is due in Jan BeH. If anyone would like to dunk in mikveh after she does (in her ninth month), pm me and I’ll give you her information. Boro Park/Flatbush
If you want to remain anonymous you can make up an email address and email me at bhnv613@gmail.com just post here to tell me to check my email.

dovebird

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:26 pm
Bump

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:30 pm
Why would she need a mikvah partner? What is the point of this?

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:31 pm
Tizku li'mitzvot.
What a wonderful chessed both of you are doing.
She should be blessed with an easy delivery & healthy baby, for being the shaliach-you should be blessed with ease of accomplishing whatever it is that you need, and whoever seizes the opportunity should be soon blessed with a healthy viable pregnancy.

dovebird

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:33 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Why would she need a mikvah partner? What is the point of this?

Same people go to the mikveh in the 9th month. Apparently it’s a segula for someone trying to convince to go after her. I don’t have a source.

dovebird

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:33 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
Tizku li'mitzvot.
What a wonderful chessed both of you are doing.
She should be blessed with an easy delivery & healthy baby, for being the shaliach-you should be blessed with ease of accomplishing whatever it is that you need, and whoever seizes the opportunity should be soon blessed with a healthy viable pregnancy.

Amen!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 4:07 pm
I heard of this segula for infertility by going after a kallah before her wedding. Is it the same segula to go after a woman in her 9th month?

Girl@Heart

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 4:12 pm
dovebird wrote:
Same people go to the mikveh in the 9th month. Apparently it’s a segula for someone trying to convince to go after her. I don’t have a source.

I looked into it, I don’t think there is a source. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 3:39 am
Never found a source for any of those, and was discouraged by chabad and litvish and MO lol I ended up not doing it

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 3:52 am
I can tell you that this segulah works! I have gotten pregnant twice after I dipped after my pregnant friend. I offered it to a different friend who became pregnant as well.
I don't know a source but it works.
When I went the first time, the ML even gave me another idea as well that she says helps. When I finished dipping the 3 times she left the room for a few minutes so I could say my own prayers and she told me to put my hand into the pipe where the mikvah water comes in from and turn my hand like I'm turning a knob on a door so it should look like im opening the door to brochos.
The next time I didn't do the knob turning but it still worked!

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 4:23 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I can tell you that this segulah works! I have gotten pregnant twice after I dipped after my pregnant friend. I offered it to a different friend who became pregnant as well.
When I went the first time, the ML even gave me another idea as well that she says helps. When I finished dipping the 3 times she left the room for a few minutes so I could say my own prayers and she told me to put my hand into the pipe where the mikvah water comes in from and turn my hand like I'm turning a knob on a door so it should look like im opening the door to brochos.

I'm so glad it worked for you!!!
It didn't for me, but still doesn't hurt to try. You never know what aspect of your histadlut is the turning point.
Segulas are not magic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and we don't know when or what will be the catalyst for Hashem's answering our tifillot. The problem is when people invest (emotionally) too heavily in a segulah and think that it, rather than Hashem is bringing the change.

I have no idea where or even if a source for any of this exists. My friend who was on this journey with me told me about it. (MO if anyone cares.)

salt

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 4:30 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

If it worked for everyone, then fertility treatments would be a thing of the past.
It obviously does not work for everyone but I'm glad you became pregnant, with and without knob turning.
I know someone who dipped without the pregnant friend dipping before her, and it also worked.
Sorry, I know I being sarcastic, but WHAT is the source of this?!?!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries