Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Jewish choose your own adventure

chipmunks

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:30 am
Can anyone please suggest Jewish choose your own adventure type books for an 8 year old BY-educated girl? I know they exist but seem more geared towards boys and a slightly older age group. DD is really interested. English or Hebrew, reading level can be on the high side but content needs to be age/culture-appropriate. Also looking for some for a 10 year old boy but please specify whether it would be appropriate for little sis as well. Thanks!

Rappel

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:31 am
Hmmm...there was one about a little boy in Inquisition Spain. I'm trying to remember what it was called

chipmunks

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:06 am
Rappel wrote:
Hmmm...there was one about a little boy in Inquisition Spain. I'm trying to remember what it was called

Thank you! Have you read it? Sounds great for DS, but depending on how they handle the subject matter might be too intense for a sheltered 8 year old girl.

Rappel

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:52 am
chipmunks wrote:
Thank you! Have you read it? Sounds great for DS, but depending on how they handle the subject matter might be too intense for a sheltered 8 year old girl.

I read it a lot when I was that age. It was very clean and easy, without turning the subject matter into nonsense. I'm trying to remember the title.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:57 am
Daniel something

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 10:14 am
The Adventures of Daniel Trigo by Joseph Neppe. IIRC. There's also a new book out but I don't remember who, which publishers, etc.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 10:22 am
The title is The Choices of Daniel Trigo. My sons enjoyed it way back when. You can find it used: https://www.abebooks.com/book-.....rigo/

You will want to vet it because the subject matter is very serious.

Rappel

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 10:38 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
The title is The Choices of Daniel Trigo. My sons enjoyed it way back when. You can find it used: https://www.abebooks.com/book-.....rigo/

You will want to vet it because the subject matter is very serious.

That's the one! I loved it as a child. Some of the story lines were very serious, but they never descended into the grotesque or obscene, and it was very educational.

chipmunks

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 3:22 pm
Thanks, ladies! So there's just one people know about, plus maybe a new one? I'm a little surprised....

bigsis144

Post Tue, Nov 19 2019, 3:41 pm
The Spanish Plot (You Choose: An Interactive Adventure Series) by Leah Sokol was published pretty recently.

https://faygieholt.com/meet-le.....BCVKw

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 4:20 am
I would absolutely love this, with something les tragic

chipmunks

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:50 am
Ruchel wrote:
I would absolutely love this, with something les tragic

LOL Me, too. I'm kind of excited she wants it so I can read it! But she's a really sensitive kid. I think she needs something lighter. If G-d forbid anyone's parent dies or anything in the book, we will have tears. For months. On the flip side, that makes me and DH feel really loved. Wink

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:56 am
Ha yes, I'm that mom edited the fairy tales lol... my mom did the same, changed the endings...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room