Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Verizon and using regular phone in Israel

shanarishona

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:26 pm
Hi, does anyone know if I can use my regular phone in Israel or do I need to buy an Israel phone? I have an iPhone with Verizon.
Also, is Verizon’s service ok in Israel?

Smile1234

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 8:50 pm
Verizon has a plan you can add for it but I don’t think they give an Israeli number so israelis without WhatsApp or long distance plans won’t be able to call you while you’re there.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:59 pm
Whenever I'm in Israel I use my verizon plan have a Galaxy can call all over for $10 a day

shanarishona

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 10:01 pm
Thank you

librarygirl

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:17 am
You must call Verizon to register for the 10$ a day plan, otherwise you will be charged international rates. Also last time I did it I had terrible service.

shanie5

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:43 pm
You can get an Israeli sim card and switch it in your phone. This will give you an israeli number. There are many options out there. With data, with minimal data, with a lot of data, with American number...
You can connect with the states using whattsapp if you don't have American number.
This is probably the best option, as it's very likely cheaper than the $10 a day Verizon wants.
This idea works with any unlocked phone. (All Verizon phones are unlocked)

mrt

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 1:34 pm
The issue with verizon is they charger you $10/day + 17% Vat (tax) they limit you with 500 MB of 4G data per day and then it slows down extrmely very slow... its not worth it also verizon is on roaming so it bounces from one network to another netowork mostg of the time my calls got disconnected was really horrible exprienece and not worth it!

on my recent trip on Sukkas I used this great company very friendly and great customer service www.groupsim.com good prices and free shipping the service was amazing no drop calls and the data was extremely high speed 4G data non stop
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions