Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Seminaries - ateres? Lehav? Bnos avigayil? Ki Tov? Rinas?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 6:59 pm
Ateres? Lehav? Bnos avigayil? Ki Tov? Rinas?Does anyone have info about the type of girl any of these attracts recently and what the staff is like in terms of warmth? Also interested in dorms although of course that is secondary. Looking for a growth oriented out of town beis Yaakov's type, very good girl who wants to learn but not be in a very stifled very very yeshivish environment. - middle to lower level academic grades so does not want a lot of academic pressure but wants a NON party, wholesome environment with good classes .How well do these match?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:52 pm
Good friends of ours sent their DD who fits that description very well to Bnos Avigayil, and she loved it. Other good friends have a DD who has most of their traits and is currently very happy at Ki Tov. Lahav is a half-year program (although some girls do pay extra to stay until Pesach), which is very different than the others in that regard.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 8:44 pm
Ateres is a warm wonderful sem. I would say its less academic. And the girls are lovely and not snobby at all. As for dorms, well they had a fire this week bH everyone is ok but they are currently buildingless. Their dorms are not luxurious.

happyone

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 10:36 pm
you may want to move to out of miscarriage forum

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:38 am
Oh my- of course! How do I do that? I though I had posted to miscellaneous

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 6:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ateres? Lehav? Bnos avigayil? Ki Tov? Rinas?Does anyone have info about the type of girl any of these attracts recently and what the staff is like in terms of warmth? Also interested in dorms although of course that is secondary. Looking for a growth oriented out of town beis Yaakov's type, very good girl who wants to learn but not be in a very stifled very very yeshivish environment. - middle to lower level academic grades so does not want a lot of academic pressure but wants a NON party, wholesome environment with good classes .How well do these match?

Ateres has tracks so there are stronger and not-as-strong students there. I think it would meet your criteria for not being stifled, and not academic pressure.

Lahav is a 6 month program, also not academically pressured. Might be more of a party.

I think Bnos Avigail might be more OOT type, very warm, smart girls but not necessarily pressured.

The girls I know who went to Rinas are pretty yeshivish, and also pretty academic, strong students. They are from simple homes, low maintenance but put-together types.

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 6:18 am
I don't know about type of girls these days but I can vouch that Ateres is run by absolutely brilliant education experts. It also excels at being not pressured academically without slouching off on learning. I think there's an impression that less academic schools are fluffy, and that's not Ateres - they cater to all levels of academic ability instead of defining their program by a specific level of academics. They also understand different learning styles, so someone who is bright enough to appreciate a more challenging class but terrible at test taking would be allowed to take the more challenging class without the tests. I think it would be an excellent place for this girl to at least apply to and then you'll see what your options are.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Dec 08 2022, 5:54 pm
OP, where did your daughter end up going and did she like it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info