Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Long flarey skirt for someone short and chubby

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 6:25 am
So..., I’m very short
Just 5 feet tall
I’m also 10 pounds overweight 😕

Clothing is very hard...
I have a muffin top...
And thighs

What I’ve found is most concealing is straight skirts

I have a top that would just look better with a skirt that has a flair to it.
Something on the longer side (even though I don’t think long skirts look so great on short people).

Does anyone have a longish skirt they could recommend for someone my height and build???

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:23 am
Bump

Cheiny

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So..., I’m very short
Just 5 feet tall
I’m also 10 pounds overweight 😕

Clothing is very hard...
I have a muffin top...
And thighs

What I’ve found is most concealing is straight skirts

I have a top that would just look better with a skirt that has a flair to it.
Something on the longer side (even though I don’t think long skirts look so great on short people).

Does anyone have a longish skirt they could recommend for someone my height and build???

You’re right that only straight skirts look good on overweight people...flared and a-line add weight.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:37 am
Au contraire...straight skirts look awful on anyone who isn’t a stick. A-line works much better for those with zoftig thighs and hips. Not something voluminous like a circle skirt but A-line definitely.

For muffin top wear something blouson that conceals the pudge.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:42 am
OP, if the issue is just the one top, give it away. No point buying a skirt that doesn’t suit your build all for the sake of one lousy top, even if it cost you a mint and you love everything about it. If it cries out for a skirt that doesn’t suit you, the blouse may be smashing but YOU won’t look good. You’ll look like a dumpy girl being worn by a beautiful blouse. Yes, you read that right. If the skirt doesn’t flatter you, what people will see is a girl in an unflattering skirt , and the beautiful blouse will be wearing you.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:45 am
I'm pretty short (5'2") and chubby (on a good day).

I only wear long A-line skirts. I don't know if they are flattering or not, but I feel good in them so that's good for me!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:45 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

I only wear long A-line skirts. I don't know if they are flattering or not, but I feel good in them so that's good for me!

Where do you get them?
What company a lined skirt looks nice?

watergirl

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:48 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

Pretty much this. I am already mourning Dress Barn, they had the best long a-line skirts.

sequoia

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:49 am
I only wear flared skirts in winter.

They can definitely look nice with boots!

Depending on where you carry your weight, they can also be very flattering.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:19 am
Most of my weight is in my thighs...

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:43 am
Straight skirts are death for women with bulky thighs. Actually they’re death for women with any curves below the belly button. Gently flared will perfectly camouflage your weight.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:59 am
I am actually at a healthy weight at 5”4 and 120 lb but I have a hour glass figure so that means that I am busty and I have a problematic bottom area lol. I can try on 50 straight skirts and they are all bad. I Personally go for very flairy or circle skirts with tucked in fitted tops and they look great. That said each skirt is different and you should just try stuff on. Please don’t limit yourself. You may find a A line skirt that looks great. I find that it really depends on the cut. You can also try longer tapored tops tucked out which ends up Elongating your torso and concealing flab. Also a drop waisted dress or any dress that won’t emphasize the fattier areas lol actually look adorable on short people. Think sweatshirt dresses. With your short build aim for cute and own it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics