Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood chessed

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:46 am
Trying to help a relative of mine get shabbos food for her family. Are ther any organizations that are able to help?(I've tried a few but all of them are very specifically geared. For example they only cater to families that have a child in the hospital etc) or any individuals here able to sponsor or make something for them.

tymama

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Trying to help a relative of mine get shabbos food for her family. Are ther any organizations that are able to help?(I've tried a few but all of them are very specifically geared. For example they only cater to families that have a child in the hospital etc) or any individuals here able to sponsor or make something for them.

I live in Lakewood and can make something or pickup something for shabbos if they need. Please pm me

mommyfish

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:51 am
Is it just for this week? If yes, I can probably do chicken soup for them. How many people? If it’s a constant thing that they need you should try tomchei shabbos. Also most of the grocery stores have ready made shabbos food thy you can pick up. You may want to call shloimys, gourmet Glatt or kosher west. They all offer ‘shabbos in a box’ options. Pretty sure the orders have to be in by Thursday but maybe if it was an emergency situation.....

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:33 am
If it's an ongoing need try Chessed of Lakewood.

I think there's someone in Lakewood who collects food at the end of simchos and distributes it to needy families, but I don't know anything about them, maybe someone else knows.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:44 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
If it's an ongoing need try Chessed of Lakewood.

I think there's someone in Lakewood who collects food at the end of simchos and distributes it to needy families, but I don't know anything about them, maybe someone else knows.

I thing Englard on 14th street distributes food before Shabbos that was not sold in local takeout places. Or something like that. Call to find out. I believe they also get Challah, etc....they do tons of Chessed. I'm proud to be their relative.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:46 pm
tymama wrote:
I live in Lakewood and can make something or pickup something for shabbos if they need. Please pm me

I found someone to sponsor this week but thank you for offering.thats very kind

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:52 pm
mommyfish wrote:
Is it just for this week? If yes, I can probably do chicken soup for them. How many people? If it’s a constant thing that they need you should try tomchei shabbos. Also most of the grocery stores have ready made shabbos food thy you can pick up. You may want to call shloimys, gourmet Glatt or kosher west. They all offer ‘shabbos in a box’ options. Pretty sure the orders have to be in by Thursday but maybe if it was an emergency situation.....

Thank you for offering.
The family and myself cant afford shabbos in a box so was looking for an alternative,something free

esther36

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 3:10 pm
I just saw this post now but I'm also in Lakewood and would love to help you out. If u need anything for next week please pm me. Good Shabbos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries