Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ATTN CAKE BAKERS: ASAP

Jewishwoman25

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 9:22 am
Hi I have tried multiple recipes for buttercream frosting that I can use to smear evenly on 4 layer cakes w/ an icing comb! The results? bubbles and uneveness! too wet, too dry.. too thick. I tried cricsco, margarine, parve cream cheese, and egg whites! all the recipes online call for BUTTER and they say margarine is not the same consistency... PLEASE HELP ME PROVIDE A GOOD FOOLPROOF RECIPE FOR PARVE BUTTERCREAM!! Thank you and looking forward to tunz of suggestions! Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

shanie5

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:04 am
Half cup marg. Half cup crisco. 1 Tsp vanilla. 1 lb confectioners sugar. About 2-3 tablespoons water. Mix. Add water drops (literally drops) at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
It helps to freeze cake before icing so icing doesnt get crumbs in it, and cake doesnt crack.

challahchallah

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:13 am
You might find something that works well enough, but you will never get a perfect parev substitute for buttercream frosting. It’s called buttercream for a reason—the key ingredients are butter and cream.

If you want something parev, why not choose something that’s not inherently dairy?

Kiwi Bubby

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:22 am
1/2 cup butter/margarine
3 cups icing sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup cocoa

Makes a rich chocolate buttercream frosting.

If you want white frosting:

Leave out the cocoa and put less water. You can add more icing sugar if you need.

The consistency you are looking for is stiff but soft. If you turn over a spoonful it shouldn’t fall off unless you shake it and then it falls with a plop. Not runny and Not too hard to mix.

Don’t beat it too much or you will incorporate air bubbles that will ruin the smooth look.

sky

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:23 am
(Dunkin Hines whipped frosting. Hiding )

rim

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 6:39 pm
Maybe try the smart balance butter (parve). Just suggesting it might be very similar to dairy butter.

egam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:55 pm
Try new Country Crock plant butter sticks. Worked quite nicely for me.

smilethere1

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 12:25 am
Buttercream frosting
2 sticks margarine
One box confectionary sugar
2-3 tbsp coffee creamer
1tsp vanilla extract
Mix the margarine and sugar till combined and fluffy then add the rest

This is perfect never had an issue with this I use it to pipe onto cupcakes and to cover cakes.

miami85

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 10:52 am
The Wilton recipe calls for butter or crisco (there's a conversion on Crisco to butter by adding some water) I've never had a problem with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins