Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
High chairs information

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:28 am
Looking to get a high chair for my almost 6 month old. Especially with all sales coming up I want to take advantage. I am willing to spend around $250. I need something easy to clean;I dont have a washing machine that can always run to and clean it ,adjustable seat , easy to do tray and all. I was originally thinking the boon and depending on how much can get it for still might get it. But then I heard abt the 4 moms.
If anyone know the pros of cons of these 2 or any other ones that they would suggest please help me out. I would appreciate it. As well if anything else that is important that I didnt mention please let me know

avrahamama

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:42 am
Honestly my 20$ Ikea high chair is THE BEST. I have two! It's such a great chair. And when it's really dirty Incan just hose it down in the yard or shower.

monseymom25

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:53 am
I was coming to say the same thing. The $20 IKEA one is the best. It has a small footprint. It's super easy to clean. You dont need to remove the tray at all.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:56 am
I like the boon hair chair
It’s around your price point
I have it for 6 years. And really like it.
Every easy to clean. Looks like new. Really no complaints about it. Good luck! There are so many choices with all baby things sometimes it’s hard to choose

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 4:57 am
I got my boom on sale I think Black Friday

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:02 am
One of the best parts about ikea is that every year before Pesach I buy a new tray for 5 bucks.
At this point my 41/2 year old is having a hard time getting out. But it’s the best

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:25 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
One of the best parts about ikea is that every year before Pesach I buy a new tray for 5 bucks.
At this point my 41/2 year old is having a hard time getting out. But it’s the best

What
My 2 year old is sitting on chairs already (on his knees) or on the trip Trapp

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:26 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Every easy to clean. Looks like new. Really no complaints about it. Good luck! There are so many choices with all baby things sometimes it’s hard to choose

I could have written this word for word! Mine is 6 years too.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:29 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
What
My 2 year old is sitting on chairs already (on his knees) or on the trip Trapp

I don’t think my child would be comfortable sitting on her knees while we eat our meal.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:33 am
I don’t think my child would be comfortable sitting on her knees while we eat our meal.

He chooses to, bc he uses a booster at my mother but we only have the tripp Trapp so he sometimes wants to sit on a regular chair. Anyways my point is why would you still be carrying a kid of that age and ability (and need for independence) in and out of a high chair

OP I also recommend the ikea or the tripp Trapp, I've had both and I got rid of ikea after the first few months of baby led weaning when he stopped being so messy and could join us at the regular table

Stars

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:40 am
I have the primo cozy tot deluxe
It's $100 . Super easy to clean. Smaller footprint than the ikea. Plus the ikea wouldn't work for us for daily use, my baby can get out if it in under 2 seconds. The one I have secures the baby so there's no way for them to get out on their own.
Also it's foldable. I needed that as I have limited floor space. You can't easily fold the ikea chair.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 5:58 am
The IKEA $20 high chair is too flimsy for my liking and too to topple over with a child inside.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 6:13 am
The Ikea highchair is way to easy for an active toddler (or even younger) to climb out

I have the 4moms one now for close to 2 years and love it! It looks almost brand new with just a clorax wipe down, the magnetic tray is super convenient and now that my toddler is getting older we can lower the chair and he can eat by the table but he's still buckled in (there is a 5 point harness) and the right height just for him

It also has a smaller footprint then the boon

I highly recommend it

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 6:14 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

Same, except I have mine 10 years. It cleans up so well that it really looks almost new. And I'm not an obsessive cleaner either... I really think I'll be using the same high chair for all of my kids.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:27 am

Me tooooo! For my four year old I have a kaboost. It's basically like risers for your actual dining chair. Check it out in Amazon. It's brilliant.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:52 am
I have a oxo seedling I love, but my biggest piece of advice applies to any high chair: you can generally buy an extra pad for anything with a removable pad. I take it off whenever it gets too gross to wipe down anymore, and put on the clean one, and can wash the dirty when it’s convenient.

lcraighten

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 12:20 pm
I didn't like the boon, it was really big, has a very small tray and was a bit shaky. I got the Oribel and I really like it

amother
Green

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 12:34 pm
I love my boon as well. I looked at the 4moms but if I remember correctly I nixed it because it didn’t have wheels. I like being able to roll the chair around the kitchen as I cook and DC has a snack and I can easily move it from one end of the kitchen table to the other, or to the dining room for shabbos etc.

I actually like the smaller tray, smaller area to clean Wink. Small round footprint which works really well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics