Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Socks or barefoot with pajamas

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 1:49 pm
My one year old doesn’t stay covered in the crib so I was unsure if he should be wearing socks at night. My house temp definitely drops at night but he’s usually hot, especially while sleeping so I don’t want to overheat him. I’m also concerned that he’ll pull them off and put in his mouth.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 1:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My one year old doesn’t stay covered in the crib so I was unsure if he should be wearing socks at night. My house temp definitely drops at night but he’s usually hot, especially while sleeping so I don’t want to overheat him. I’m also concerned that he’ll pull them off and put in his mouth.

I have my kids wear footed PJs at that age (aka a sleeper / “berele”)

Last edited by thunderstorm on Fri, Nov 22 2019, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

honeymoon

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 1:53 pm
I think if the child wears socks all day, you shouldn't put on socks at night to give the feet a bit of circulation. How about getting a large quilt that will cover him even if he twists and turns at night? Or a one piece sleeping bag that covers the feet in a loose way?

flower2

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:09 pm
Sleep sack and or footie pjs

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 2:19 pm
If the house is warm, there's no need for socks. The feet need to breath. My kids never wear socks to sleep. Only infants.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 2:36 pm
By the time DD was 24 hours old, she could get out of a swaddle, take off her hat, and kick off her socks. The nurse would come in and see her unwrapped, yell at us, and then rewrap everything. The second the nurse was out of the room, everything came off again. We just stood there and watched in amazement.

The nurses were convinced we were doing it, and wouldn't believe us until we actually made them stand there and watch. They said "She's not supposed to be able to do that!" and I told them "She didn't get the memo."

If you kid is kicking off the covers, and their feet don't feel frozen, your baby is fine. Some kids just run really hot, and you have no control over that. If your baby smells sweaty or feels damp in the morning, you are also overwrapping.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics