Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2 yr old suddenly not walking
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:11 am
op.
while we were away my toddler refuses to walk. its been a week and no walking. we went to the er and they did blood tests and scans and see nothing... they r doing more tests... anyone ever had this? what could it be?

happyone

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:26 am
did they check his ASo titers for strep? momo, EBV and basics? did he fall at all ? if it continues I'd insist on a neuro eval.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:28 am
Impossible to tell from afar over the internet, but -
1- Does he/she show any pain in her legs or hips? Is s/he hypersensitive to touch and passive movement? Does it hurt if one changes clothes?
2- Does he/she move the legs normally while lying down or sitting? Both legs? Can s/he stand?
3- Did he/she have a fever recently?
4- Does he/she have any signs of injury, even in other body parts?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:37 am
They should check the spine and brain

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:42 am
How long were you away for? Who did you leave him with?

trixx

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:48 am
You went away and left your toddler behind, and returned to find he stopped walking? Is this deep emotional or psychological trauma manifesting itself physically? I'm thinking of sarno method here. Have you upped your quality time to like 200% since your absence?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:08 am
Please don't make OP seem like a bad guy for sending her toddler away! Don't guilt her into this being her fault!
I had it with my toddler. She refused to walk & the Dr dismissed it as a virus. Till after 10 days she got a huge bump on her knee, we went to the ER she had an infection in her knee bone that neered surgery to remove most of her knee bone and a hospital stay & meds for afew months.
If you notice any fever, go back to the ER right away.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:17 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Impossible to tell from afar over the internet, but -
1- Does he/she show any pain in her legs or hips? Is s/he hypersensitive to touch and passive movement? Does it hurt if one changes clothes?
2- Does he/she move the legs normally while lying down or sitting? Both legs? Can s/he stand?
3- Did he/she have a fever recently?
4- Does he/she have any signs of injury, even in other body parts?

my toddler has no pain is acting all himself. no fever. we r not sure if he had an injury...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:18 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
How long were you away for? Who did you leave him with?

we were away for a week. my toddler was with us.... we didnt leave hom behind.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:20 am
trixx wrote:
You went away and left your toddler behind, and returned to find he stopped walking? Is this deep emotional or psychological trauma manifesting itself physically? I'm thinking of sarno method here. Have you upped your quality time to like 200% since your absence?

he was with us the whole time. thats y its really wierd. the first day we thought he was tired but its been going on a week.... hes not crying in pain at all. when we change him when we try to get him on his feet...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:22 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Please don't make OP seem like a bad guy for sending her toddler away! Don't guilt her into this being her fault!
I had it with my toddler. She refused to walk & the Dr dismissed it as a virus. Till after 10 days she got a huge bump on her knee, we went to the ER she had an infection in her knee bone that neered surgery to remove most of her knee bone and a hospital stay & meds for afew months.
If you notice any fever, go back to the ER right away.

thats what concerns me the most that he doesnt have fever all tests theyve done sooo far r negative. im happy to know he is well and all but something is obviously wrong and until we get to the bottom of this im a wreck!

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:26 am
Don't want to scare you but I know a toddler who suddenly couldn't walk anymore and it was a brain stem tumor. The doctor's didn't take it seriously for a while and thought it was just a phase Banging head

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:30 am
My daughter had this when she was 2. It was a virus in her hip. It was awhile ago . Ahe disnt walk for 10 days. She had no other symptoms

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:36 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Don't want to scare you but I know a toddler who suddenly couldn't walk anymore and it was a brain stem tumor. The doctor's didn't take it seriously for a while and thought it was just a phase Banging head

Well I'm sure you just scared her !!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:38 am
Other than blood tests did they do anything else ? Dont leave the e.r. until you have an answer. Ask the neuro team to come and check your baby

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:39 am
If it goes on for a while I would insist on a head CT.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:44 am
I have heard of this before. Happened to my friends child soon after her child got dtap. It went away after about 10 days, but she was quite nervous.

littleprincess

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:45 am
My toddler didnt walk for a few days after getting her mmr. Did u give yours immunizations?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my toddler has no pain is acting all himself. no fever. we r not sure if he had an injury...

It seems that your child needs a proper neurological and orthopedic evaluation. Those fields are the main suspects, so to say. Could be from the brain, spine, hip, knee ...

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:11 am
Maybe emotionally...
Or cross out lyme
Or did he get vaccinated right before?
Hatslacha/lots koaches & pls no guilt!
Your the best mom!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics