Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How soon after new baby do you resume kids activities?

westchestermom

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 6:12 pm
I rested for a good month postpartum. Then we took the older kids to do a few very local activities in the second month, like going to the park 5 minutes away. Next month we are trying to do one thing a week for both girls, for example one will do gymnastics and the other basketball. In the past we made an effort to go apple picking, to street fairs, library stuff. How long does it take you postpartum to get back to it?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:22 am
Stuff with walk and carry? LONG months

Teomima

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:24 am
A week, if that? I had my youngest just a few days before summer vacation started. With a dh who works more than full time, I had to jump right back in to full time mom mode.

But I'm not saying this to brag nor for pity. Every person is different, as is everyone's birth experience and family situation. So there's really no point in comparing.

nnmom

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:48 am
How do you manage nursing a newborn one week after birth? I never got more than 45-hour between feedings for all of my kids.
Im in tremendous pain from delivery until 30 days pp. I guess everyone is different.
I’m one month post partum and considering an outing today. But can only do it with fb, otherwise my other small children (boys!) will be all over the place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children