Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shopping cart "seat belt"

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:19 pm
I cannot figure out how to strap by baby into the shopping cart!
There are two straps coming from the top of the seat and if I would close it, it would reach around her neck, not around her waist. Its hard to explain but I'm hoping that you know what I'm talking about. How is this meant to work??

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:23 pm
I've seen occasionally but have no idea

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:24 pm
It's meant for older kids, not babies.

I use a shopping cart cover that comes with its own buckle lower down around the waist. It also works to keep the baby from sucking on the shopping cart and getting who knows what germs. And when it's raining and all the carts are wet the cover keeps the baby from getting wet too.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:27 pm
I can’t picture exactly what you are describing but I do put my baby (15 months) in the shopping cart seat using the belt around her waist. At times I have been confused about it then realized I just need to push the straps through the back of the cart seat bars for it to make sense.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:30 pm
I lock my purse in the seat belt strap im from ny

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:53 pm
There are supermarkets that have infant seats for infants, to lock into shopping carts

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 1:32 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I can’t picture exactly what you are describing but I do put my baby (15 months) in the shopping cart seat using the belt around her waist. At times I have been confused about it then realized I just need to push the straps through the back of the cart seat bars for it to make sense.

hmmm, I'm trying to figure it out... So far every time I try pushing the straps in every direction but it won't come down lower.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 1:41 pm
I have brought a long bungee cord to strap a kid in. It worked well.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:11 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
hmmm, I'm trying to figure it out... So far every time I try pushing the straps in every direction but it won't come down lower.

Maybe it’s a badly designed seat then or not meant for the age of your child? Send me a pic if you want my unprofessional opinion... no promises!

jfk92

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:21 pm
I TOTALLY TOTALLY get you. When my toddler was smaller I absolutely could not strap him in there. I pulled and pushed every way- didnt budge! But for some reason as he grew older it fit better. Yes, I realize that doesnt make sense- but his proportions changed I guess. Anyway just letting you know youre not crazy lol

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:52 pm
jfk92 wrote:
I TOTALLY TOTALLY get you. When my toddler was smaller I absolutely could not strap him in there. I pulled and pushed every way- didnt budge! But for some reason as he grew older it fit better. Yes, I realize that doesnt make sense- but his proportions changed I guess. Anyway just letting you know youre not crazy lol

Thank you!!! At my last shopping trip I eventually stuck her into the actual cart because she was climbing out every time I turned around!! (she had a party playing with all the food)

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:38 pm
I just got back from a shopping trip and put my 11 month old baby in the wagon and strapped him in with the strap in the wagon. around the chest/waist. didnt find it to be an issue
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics