Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO Extra Curricular groups/ lesson for 3 yr old girl

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:42 pm
My daughter is three and a half and could really use a social creative outlet outside the home. I do lots of projects etc at home but she is an only girl here at home and doesn’t have any girls remotely close in on our block as well. She could use the stimulation as well as social atmosphere

Any recommendations ?

Once I’m paying , would want place to be somewhat professional. Also, wouldn’t want her to be taught something like gymnastics by young unqualified (albeit adorable) girls etc... for safety reasons.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:50 pm
Maybe you shouldn’t call it extracurricular classes, which makes you sound like a neurotic helicopter mom trying to create an overachieving dd by teaching her calculus before she can add two plus two. Why not ask about a social play group? Better yet, why not jumpstart dd social life by inviting one or two classmates or neighbors at a time to your house to play, either after school (probably not a great idea for this age) or on Shabbos afternoons or Sundays? Even geniuses need girlfriends to hang out with and do girly stuff in an unstructured, supervised but non-adult-directed framework. In plain English, find some little girls to invite over to play and let them do their thing.

nchr

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:51 pm
I do not know where you are, but three is good enough for any of the beginner classes in dance, music, etc.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:02 pm
zaq wrote:
Maybe you shouldn’t call it extracurricular classes, which makes you sound like a neurotic helicopter mom trying to create an overachieving dd by teaching her calculus before she can add two plus two. Why not ask about a social play group? Better yet, why not jumpstart dd social life by inviting one or two classmates or neighbors at a time to your house to play, either after school (probably not a great idea for this age) or on Shabbos afternoons or Sundays? Even geniuses need girlfriends to hang out with and do girly stuff in an unstructured, supervised but non-adult-directed framework. In plain English, find some little girls to invite over to play and let them do their thing.

Thanks for response! That’s why I specified in my post that there aren’t any neighbors her age! I reached out to some classmate moms but seems like they are too busy for play dates. That’s why I am resorting to this!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:03 pm
nchr wrote:
I do not know where you are, but three is good enough for any of the beginner classes in dance, music, etc.

I posted under Lakewood , Toms River, and Jackson related inquiries because really any of these three locations would work. Dance or music classes sound great! Would love recommendations!

nchr

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I posted under Lakewood , Toms River, and Jackson related inquiries because really any of these three locations would work. Dance or music classes sound great! Would love recommendations!

So sorry! Totally missed that. You may want to call some studios in the area and see what they offer for that age...

Chayalle

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:51 pm
Do you send her to playgroup? Is there an afternoon program associated with it? I had one child for whom the short playgroup day was not enough. Clubs was a lifesaver, and she got a headstart on reading. Plus the clubs Morahs tend to do more fun projects or baking with the group.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:53 pm
nchr wrote:
So sorry! Totally missed that. You may want to call some studios in the area and see what they offer for that age...

Thanks Smile

amother
Green

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:54 am
Hi, I’m looking for the same thing for my daughter. Can you please post here if you find something? Would love ballet or dance

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:27 am
Does Shoshana Hanuka still run a gymnastics program at Action Gymnastics? I used to send my girls there when they were young, and they had only professionally-trained coaches.

ETA: don't know if she has that age, but Shevy Deutch also organizes groups at a professional gymnastics place, with trained coaches.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 8:49 am
Chayalle wrote:
Does Shoshana Hanuka still run a gymnastics program at Action Gymnastics? I used to send my girls there when they were young, and they had only professionally-trained coaches.

ETA: don't know if she has that age, but Shevy Deutch also organizes groups at a professional gymnastics place, with trained coaches.

Thanks for the leads! Sounds great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries