Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O why I love imamother
1  2  Next

Einikel

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:52 pm
I find this site a beautiful place to learn about all types of people. Besides for the many helpful household and shopping tips I’ve used. Let’s make this thread a positive place to say what we love about this site.

caza

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:56 pm
Informative, generally supportive, great to get other Jewish women's opinions on matters which we can't get from other places

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:57 pm
Because there are women here who demonstrate extraordinary kindness, wisdom, determination, emunah and more. I'm impressed all the time.

hodeez

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:58 pm
Passes the time

honeymoon

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:01 pm
Because at times, when I start thinking that my brain is wired weirdly and I have an atypical way of looking at things, I will inevitably come across another woman on imamother who thinks just like me. And that makes me feel normal again! Smile

shmosmom

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:16 pm
Because that one time where someone lost a necklace in Rockland Kosher, n someone else found a classifieds about it in their community circular, took the time and chance and posted it here and it was the right necklace Smile

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:18 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Because at times, when I start thinking that my brain is wired weirdly and I have an atypical way of looking at things, I will inevitably come across another woman on imamother who thinks just like me. And that makes me feel normal again! Smile

Yesss
Imamother was the place I found out that I’m not alone and there are other weirdos out there like me.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:22 pm
Because it provides me with comic relief.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:26 pm
When someone posts a questions others will take a few minutes to answer something helpful and informative to a random anonymous person they never met.

honeymoon

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:00 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yesss
Imamother was the place I found out that I’m not alone and there are other weirdos out there like me.

Hi hello fellow weirdo!

Wife1

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:17 pm
Because whatever I'm going through someone btdt

blessedflower

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:18 pm
I learned so much about myself (yes!!!) and others on this site. So many times when I thought I'm the only one going through stuff, I was sure nobody would understand and certainly nobody I know is going through something like that. Time and again I was proven wrong. I have gotten so much support here. I feel normal. And I love that I can come on here with any problem small or big and get advise and feel cared about. A lot of this things I wouldn't be comfortable asking someone in real life. So thank you all and thank you Yael

little neshamala

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:22 pm
Why do I love imamother? Let me count the ways...
-It has helped my cooking skills.
-it allows me to help other peoples cooking skills!
-it allows me to let my inner wacky out. And theres a whole lot of that...
-its a real live lesson and constant reminder about acceptance of all types, and how we are all Hashem's children. I love seeing other peoples posts, just as passionate about yiddishkeit as mine, but slightly different in detail-because theyre from a different community/have different Rabbis etc. It can be a shocking reminder and a beautiful lesson at the same time.
-it allows myself and others to help people clearly struggling in the basics of intimacy, due to incompetent/flat out irresponsible/misinformed/just crazy kallah teachers, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.
-It wows me every time I see an anonymous vent from someone in despair, and the rallying support that a bunch of totally anonymous women, who dont know the OP from beans, will offer. Financial assistance, their gently used clothing, offers to come watch the OPs children, offers to just be a listening ear on the phone, offers of free legal assistance from their husbands....to another Jewish sister, who they dont know. Its breathtaking.
-its the only place where I can mention the things that have built me into the person I am today. Horribile childhood, abusive upbringing, poverty and unfortunately much more-I need to be very very careful about what I say in real life. (People who know me now would never guess. Even people who knew me then never guessed. BH my adult life is quite the opposite)
-where else can a visibly yeshivish Monsey woman talk about wearing turquoise lacy underwear? Very Happy

mfb

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:24 pm
Love this thread!!!
Thanks for starting it!!
And that’s why I love this site. Always someone who thinks of the right thing to say and do.

blessedflower

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:26 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yesss
exactly. Another weirdo here Cheers

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:29 pm
I grew up very very sheltered (and still am) and imamother actually opened my mind a bit about what a scary world it is out there some things not so appropriate

blessedflower

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:30 pm
Also I must add because I love Jewish foodie and whenever I see she started a thread I'm already laughing about what's going to come

Refine

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:37 pm
Makes me feel part of the greater jewish community although I mainly interact with my specific community day to day

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:41 pm
blessedflower wrote:
Also I must add because I love Jewish foodie and whenever I see she started a thread I'm already laughing about what's going to come

Jewish foodie is this wonderful and good IRL! She's super amother. I met her through this site, and she was my lifetime when I was gravely ill. She is deep and compassionate.

I met a lot of wonderful women from here IRL. I also developed friendships with woman I didn't met yet.

And last but not least, my diamond necklace and I were reunited.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:49 pm
Thank you! What a lovely counterpoint to "Out of Here."
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics